Speed Sensor - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 08-23-2008, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
10R
WSB Rider
 
10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield, Ohio
Posts: 698
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
   
Speed Sensor

Is there anyway to remove the front sprocket cover on the 05 ZX10 and still be able to have a functional speedometer? The only reason I want to remove the cover is for a more MotoGP look, but I can't figure out how to keep the speedo working by doing it.

I don't care what kind of rider he was, he tested me and got dealt with. +1 in my book.
By: Riding4life162
10R is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 08-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10R View Post
Is there anyway to remove the front sprocket cover on the 05 ZX10 and still be able to have a functional speedometer? The only reason I want to remove the cover is for a more MotoGP look, but I can't figure out how to keep the speedo working by doing it.
GPS unit or a bicycle magnetic unit to the rear with readout. Taking the Cover off is severing the the Speed Sensor all together....but what the heck at least you will look cool.
bluedevil is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 08-23-2008, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
10R
WSB Rider
 
10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield, Ohio
Posts: 698
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
   
Obviously I'm NOT doing it if I won't be able to have a speedometer. Thats why I asked the question. I have no idea what the eye roll is for though. Sorry for looking up to the greatist riders in the world. Its not like I'm some jerk off that just likes to stand by my bike trying to look cool at the local bike night. Whatever. Thanks for your help.

I don't care what kind of rider he was, he tested me and got dealt with. +1 in my book.
By: Riding4life162
10R is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 15 Old 08-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10R View Post
Obviously I'm NOT doing it if I won't be able to have a speedometer. Thats why I asked the question. I have no idea what the eye roll is for though. Sorry for looking up to the greatist riders in the world. Its not like I'm some jerk off that just likes to stand by my bike trying to look cool at the local bike night. Whatever. Thanks for your help.
Geez, someone pissed in your Cheerios yOu got your answer and Quick I might add on this forum....and no it wasn't obvious "I'm not doing it" ....note to self don't help 10R he will piss in your Cheerios.
bluedevil is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 08-23-2008, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
10R
WSB Rider
 
10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield, Ohio
Posts: 698
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Geez, someone pissed in your Cheerios yOu got your answer and Quick I might add on this forum....and no it wasn't obvious "I'm not doing it" ....note to self don't help 10R he will piss in your Cheerios.
I appreciate the answer and help, just not the sarcasm. You don't have to try to make someone feel like a dooshbag just for asking a question. I didn't piss in your cheerios, I just gave you back the bowl of urine you handed me. Again, thanks for the help, and have a good one.

I don't care what kind of rider he was, he tested me and got dealt with. +1 in my book.
By: Riding4life162
10R is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 08-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10R View Post
I appreciate the answer and help, just not the sarcasm. You don't have to try to make someone feel like a dooshbag just for asking a question. I didn't piss in your cheerios, I just gave you back the bowl of urine you handed me. Again, thanks for the help, and have a good one.
Well sorry, I didn't know you were that sensitive .....BTW a 1st Gen ZX10R can do over 100mph in 1st gear......I need to really say don't ask me to "have a good one" but good luck to you on what ever you decide.
bluedevil is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 08-23-2008, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
10R
WSB Rider
 
10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield, Ohio
Posts: 698
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Well sorry, I didn't know you were that sensitive .....BTW a 1st Gen ZX10R can do over 100mph in 1st gear......I need to really say don't ask me to "have a good one" but good luck to you on what ever you decide.
I'm well aware of what the bike can do. It's not like I just got the thing. Go pick a fight with someone else you big internet tough guy. I'm done with this.

I don't care what kind of rider he was, he tested me and got dealt with. +1 in my book.
By: Riding4life162
10R is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 08-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10R View Post
I'm well aware of what the bike can do. It's not like I just got the thing. Go pick a fight with someone else you big internet tough guy. I'm done with this.
but your so easy to mess with. and don't give me shit about what the bike can do because you obviosly wanted help on what you DIDN'T KNOW about the BIKE then went after the one that did try to help.
bluedevil is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 08-23-2008, 10:53 PM
WSB Rider
 
dmj120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 795
Posting Frequency
  


does someone need a hug
dmj120 is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 08-23-2008, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
10R
WSB Rider
 
10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield, Ohio
Posts: 698
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
but your so easy to mess with. and don't give me shit about what the bike can do because you obviosly wanted help on what you DIDN'T KNOW about the BIKE then went after the one that did try to help.
Whatever you say. Thanks again.

I don't care what kind of rider he was, he tested me and got dealt with. +1 in my book.
By: Riding4life162
10R is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help: speed sensor harness chaffed hesaves0211 Performance and Tech 7 08-01-2008 03:13 PM
where is the speed sensor? pikaso The ZX-10R 6 09-11-2007 08:27 PM
Speed Sensor Need Info. bluedevil Performance and Tech 0 10-11-2006 04:05 PM
10R Speed sensor connector location Vince10R Performance and Tech 6 02-13-2006 05:31 PM
Speed Sensor location on a '05 636? SuicideMachine ZX-6R & ZX-6RR Archives 10 10-28-2005 02:26 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome