Single or Dual exhaust for 06/07???? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-27-2007, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Single or Dual exhaust for 06/07????

Ok...here is the deal. Right now I have the full Akra system and I like it just fine, but I have been considering going w/ a single pipe to save weight. Here are my questions...there are a few so bare w/ me:

1. Will I save a good amount of weight here? I figure that the Akra's are somewhere between 15 and 18 pounds and figure that a single pipe would weigh somewhere around 10 pounds.....am I off pretty far here?

2. Power. Will a single pipe still give me the same amount of power?
3. Which one to go with? So far I like the Muzzy M10, powdercoated black of course. I want to keep the lower look not the high Two Bros or Sato look.

4. If I went w/ a lower exhaust like that one where does it bolt to....rearset? If rearset would it still mount to an aftermarket rearset or would I have to engineer some kind of bracket?

I know these are random questions but I want to make sure that I am making a good choice here. Thanks

We're all getting older but not growing up.....

NESBA #58
STT #58
2006 GSXR 600
2006 BLACK ZX-10R - SOLD
2004 ZX-6R 636 - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

keep the akra its the best quality
post #3 of 9 Old 05-27-2007, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Well I understand the quality part....that is why I got it. But I am going to start going to the track more often and I am trying to get the weight down. I have some magnesium wheels on the way but I think I would like to do something w/ the exhaust also

NESBA #58
STT #58
2006 GSXR 600
2006 BLACK ZX-10R - SOLD
2004 ZX-6R 636 - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-27-2007, 07:07 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Maybe because I'm not a heavy bloke, but i'd always pick power over weight. Wasting your time changing some mod that you've already spent time and money on. The difference will be negligible. My 0.02c.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-27-2007, 07:25 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Every team in major racing that is running this bike keeps the dual configuration, that should tell you something right there, you already have the akra system, there aint much out there better in looks or hp out there if you are conserned about 5 lbs see if you can take 5 pounds of wight off the rider. IMHO the muzzy system is a low level, low quality system, its stainless so it may weigh less than the Akra Evo, if thats what you have but not a whole lot, just my opinion, but I say stay with what you got.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #6 of 9 Old 05-27-2007, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah I do have the Akra Evo system. I know that if I could take 5 pounds off the rider it would be better, but hell I like to eat =) I am about 190 now. So if I decided to stay w/ the Akra should I try to work more on maybe the rotational mass vs. the actual weight of the mods on the bike? Like maybe better wave rotors or something?

My original questions still stand as well as the one that I have just presented =)

NESBA #58
STT #58
2006 GSXR 600
2006 BLACK ZX-10R - SOLD
2004 ZX-6R 636 - SOLD
post #7 of 9 Old 05-27-2007, 11:46 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

I for one, don't even think the average rider could notice a 5 or even 10lb difference. Unless you are a very skilled rider, I would not even worry about that small a difference. Now if you could get 5lbs off each wheel you probably could tell a difference in turn in and steering quickness. Keep the Akras.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #8 of 9 Old 05-27-2007, 11:52 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Just don't eat lunch that day. When I added my IXIL duals on my 05' My bike gained about 8 more pounds from stock. It took me 2 weeks to get over it. I've been rider it for 2 years now.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-28-2007, 09:55 AM

Posting Frequency

Take a good healthy shit in the morning!

In all reality that little bit of weight you are going to drop will make no difference. If you do the math ratio of lbs to hp; 5 lbs is equal to jack squat worth of hp on not rotating parts.

Try this; your not racing right? So keep one less gallon of gas in your tank......bam about 8lbs right there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in