Since she is stripped down...... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-15-2007, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Since she is stripped down......

(07 zx10r)

My bike is naked, down to tank off and airbox off (doing a PC install and want it as easy as possible :) )

While its like this, is there anything else i can do to her? im not bothering with Velocity stacks, im going to do the pair valves, but not bothering with block off plates, just a hose from one to the other

What about the airbox, ive seen talk of airbox mods, done a search and cant find anything definative.....

Any help or other suggestions (its a track only bike)

Performance wise it has an Akro Evolution full system on, a PC3 and a BMC filter........yet to be dyno'ed or custom mapped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-15-2007, 07:48 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

when you do the pair valve mod, i think there is a hole you need to block off on the air box as well.The only other thing I can think of at the moment, which was a weakness on the gen 1 models. You could check the Ram air route for signs of leaks. ie another passage for air to escape instead of going straight to the airbox. Could help maintaining good air pressure to the air box. Could also disconnect the secondary throttle butterflies.....
Or you could take the cover for the airbox and airfilter throw it in the bin, make a custom freeflow filter to cover the main area of the stacks and seal the bottom of the tank to the top of the box thus creating a larger volume airbox. Whether this will be any good or not remains out in the open.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-15-2007, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks for that, what involved in taking the seconaday butterflies out? im pretty good with a spanner :)

Do you have a pic of the hole that needs blocking in the airbox?

Many Thanks
Adrian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-15-2007, 12:09 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spliffyaid View Post
Thanks for that, what involved in taking the seconaday butterflies out? im pretty good with a spanner :)

Do you have a pic of the hole that needs blocking in the airbox?

Many Thanks
Adrian
If I remember correctly you just remove the plates, leave the whole thing plugged in so not to trip the FI light. Be warned the gains are questionable on the ZX10R. I think there is a slight gain to be had in peak horsepower. Check with Garth or Deezhul or do a search.
For the airbox you will find it yourself when you remove the piping for the pair valve. Or again do a search. ( I normally don't tell others to do a search, but Bluedevil told me, I am a GP rider and thus have to help out. )
post #5 of 5 Old 11-15-2007, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Cheers, wont bother removing the secondary butterflies then, not worth it for no real gain...........

Pair valves it is then and look at sealing up the airbox a bit better :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in