Shocks!?!?!? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-28-2005, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Shocks!?!?!?

Is there really a noticeable difference between aftermarket shocks? Iím interested in a 3-way adjustable but wonder if there is a difference. Everybody suggests Ohlins but is Penske, Elka, HyperPro, WP all that different?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-29-2005, 12:03 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

the short of it is yes there's a difference. Not having experienced an Elka, WP i can't comment on their quality bit i have used both Ohlins & Penske and overall i've had my best experience with Penske.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-29-2005, 03:12 AM

Posting Frequency

I just ordered a Penske for mine umm 8987 series...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 11-29-2005, 08:24 AM

Posting Frequency

in the past on various bike ive used ohlins and maxton(maxton are a uk based company and they are excellant)i,ve just got a wp shock for my 10 not fitted yet but i heard nothing but good things about wp suspension, and aftermarket shocks are alot better than standard even more so if the roads were u are ,are as crap as uk ones
post #5 of 8 Old 11-29-2005, 11:53 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
the short of it is yes there's a difference. Not having experienced an Elka, WP i can't comment on their quality bit i have used both Ohlins & Penske and overall i've had my best experience with Penske.

BD
Diddo on that. Unless you are a good racer, don't worry about the 3-way. Get the 2 way one and you will be more than happy. Just make sure that you get the right spring.

He who dies with the most toys wins!
NESBA #24993
post #6 of 8 Old 11-29-2005, 03:34 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I've got a Elka and I love it. When I called and talked to them they were nothing but helpful. Asked me about my riding and all the pertinent questions for a spring to be correct for me. When I got it here I fitted it straight away and the only thing that I've done is raise the rear ride height(which you can do very easily). With the new shock I've ridden at Raculmuto 2.6km track, Misano(yes that one), and Siracusa 5.4km track and it felt great on all of them. I've only tried the Ohlins and now the Elka and the Ohlins was on a GSXR 750, but the Elka feels better to me than the Ohlins did. Just my .02
post #7 of 8 Old 11-29-2005, 04:26 PM

Posting Frequency

I have an Ohlins on my 10 and it is great. A huge improvement over stock especially the hydrolic preload adjuster. You can actually feel the differance with every two clicks of adjustments (one click is too fine). It also has a seperate rear height adjustment. It was about $930 shipped. If you buy Ohlins, make sure it is from a US ohlins disributor not a grey market one.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-30-2005, 04:08 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I did end up getting the 3-way but the price wasn't that different between the 2 and 3. Any aftermarket shock you get is going to be an improvement over the stock one. Also VERY important is what Ehab said about the Ohlins though, do make sure you get it from a authorized US distributer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in