Seeking most hassle-free brake lines to install - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-01-2007, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Seeking most hassle-free brake lines to install

Am looking for the most hassle-free brake lines to install on an 06/07 10R.

I am not looking for advice/tips/horror stories on bleeding 'em, and I don't care about any performance anecdotes. I am just looking for which brands have given trouble in terms of installation and fitness. For example, any problems when turning the bike at the end of the range at either side? Any problems turning it far enough to engage the steering lock?

I don't want to have to modify anything in order to install on 2006-2007 10-Rs. So which brands were easiest? HEL, Goodridge, Spiegler, Galfer?

Nothing worse than going to your favorite watering hole and discovering its a leaky rubber night. Leave your spawn at home.

06 ZX-10R, 16/40 stealth 520 ERV3, GI Pro ATRE, Speedo Healer, PCIII-USB w/ custom map, TiForce Full Ti 4-2-1-2, BMC Race, Nissin (ZX-14) calipers, EBC HH pads, Galfer stnd SS lines, Gilles rearsets, Titax levers, Salamander barends, .95kg Race Tech springs, water wetter, Corsa IIIs, and some cosmetic crapola
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-01-2007, 08:51 AM

Posting Frequency

Hi

here in SA we have a race series running 35 '07's and all of them are running HEL lines and have had no problems to date with them........
post #3 of 11 Old 08-01-2007, 09:31 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The fitment should pretty much all be the same.... I mean as long as the lines are the correct length, you have to do the exact same thing to install and bleed them. You can route them however you like, you don't necessarily have to go exactly like the stock lines do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-01-2007, 09:38 AM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

Galfer lines were an easy install and no issues at all.
post #5 of 11 Old 08-01-2007, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks to those who have replied thus far. I want to make sure I don't have a bolt problem, or have to mod anything around my master cylinder.

Keep your ss brake line installation comments coming! If you had a problem installing your brake lines on your 06-07 10R, now's the time to vent, people!

Nothing worse than going to your favorite watering hole and discovering its a leaky rubber night. Leave your spawn at home.

06 ZX-10R, 16/40 stealth 520 ERV3, GI Pro ATRE, Speedo Healer, PCIII-USB w/ custom map, TiForce Full Ti 4-2-1-2, BMC Race, Nissin (ZX-14) calipers, EBC HH pads, Galfer stnd SS lines, Gilles rearsets, Titax levers, Salamander barends, .95kg Race Tech springs, water wetter, Corsa IIIs, and some cosmetic crapola
post #6 of 11 Old 08-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

We sell the Galfer & Spiegler lines. Both are quality lines and have never heard any complaints on installation on either. The only ones that may be a little tricky are the Galfer Superbike lines because of the way they fit into the caliper.

http://www.surfsidemoto.com/store/ca...ake-Lines.html

-- Ride Your Own Ride! --
post #7 of 11 Old 08-01-2007, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the link, Surfside. I have heard similar things about the "Superbike" lines.

post #8 of 11 Old 08-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Green Hippie

Posting Frequency

I've got the superbike lines and no problems with fit or function

VAE VICTUS!

RIP James R Patterson 6/3/30-5/26/09
post #9 of 11 Old 08-03-2007, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

According to what feedback I've gotten, it seems that Galfer are the easiest to install and fit the best. Anyone else care to comment?

post #10 of 11 Old 08-03-2007, 10:40 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAir View Post
According to what feedback I've gotten, it seems that Galfer are the easiest to install and fit the best. Anyone else care to comment?
other than i agree, no.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in