SCOTTS Damper?!?!?!? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-17-2011, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

SCOTTS Damper?!?!?!?

For you guys that have a Scotts Damper on your bike, what is your "High Speed" and "Sweep" valves set at? Just curious.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-18-2011, 01:37 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I kept my sweep how it came from scotts. Still messing with the high speed settings but actually feels pretty good how it was pre set. I find myself putting it back to the defaults. If you find something that works let me know. I'll do the same.

2008 ZX-10R Candy Plasma Blue - Akrapovic Evo Full Ti System, PCV with Autotune and LCD Display, Scotts Damper, BMC Filter, Gilles VCR Rearsets, Brembo RCS 19 Master Cylinder, Galfer Superbike Brake Lines, Galfer Pads, zx6r rear seat cowl & rear hugger, Tapeworks Rim stripes, Shogun Frame & Axle Sliders, Pazzo Shorty Levers, SpeedoHealer, Greggs Customs Mirror Blockoffs, Graves Block Off Plates, Michelin Pilot Pures, -1 +1 520 Conversion
post #3 of 9 Old 05-18-2011, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Thanks, if I actually get any ride time from this stupid weather, I will fill you in. Thanks for the input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I hear ya. Its been raining here in san diego the last 2 days. It wouldnt be so bad, but ive had my bike apart for the last 2 weeks... and Ive been really anxious to get out and try out all my new stuff, especially the damper.

hope the weather gets better on your end.

2008 ZX-10R Candy Plasma Blue - Akrapovic Evo Full Ti System, PCV with Autotune and LCD Display, Scotts Damper, BMC Filter, Gilles VCR Rearsets, Brembo RCS 19 Master Cylinder, Galfer Superbike Brake Lines, Galfer Pads, zx6r rear seat cowl & rear hugger, Tapeworks Rim stripes, Shogun Frame & Axle Sliders, Pazzo Shorty Levers, SpeedoHealer, Greggs Customs Mirror Blockoffs, Graves Block Off Plates, Michelin Pilot Pures, -1 +1 520 Conversion
post #5 of 9 Old 05-18-2011, 09:55 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to pmason718
I never touched the high speed as Scotts recommends that you leave it be.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

My Scott's came on my bike which I bought used so I never got any user directions. I'm a relatively tame rider so I probably don't use it much but I'm still interested in knowing what the high speed and sweep valves are/do. I've fiddled with the knob with the pointer and leave it at a setting so I can't feel (or barely feel) it at low speeds. Once someone messed with it and cranked it up high, I almost dumped my bike because I leaned into a slow turn but the handlebars wouldn't turn.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-18-2011, 10:51 AM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I set mine to a narrow sweep and adjusted the low speed to very little so it didn't interfer much and adjusted the high speed a bit stiffer so it would calm any real "moments". It took a bit of dialing in to get the feel I wanted. ..which was basically feel like there is no damper there most of the time, but still have it calm any real shakes. (this was all on my 04)

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #8 of 9 Old 05-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Sounds like I need to contact Scott's so I can adjust my damper properly. I had no idea there was a low and high speed adjustment and still not quite sure what the sweep refers to.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
They have great customer support, give them a call and is think thy you could download the user manual from their site?

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in