Sato's new exhaust - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 12-21-2005, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Sato's new exhaust

www.satoracing.com

It seems that sato racing is now offering a full system with a shorter oval can for our bikes. In the past it seems they only offered that long round fugly can. The pic they have on their website shows the shorty can of a K5, but Dan Kyle informed me in an e-mail that it is available for our bikes.

05' ZX-10R (sold)
03' 954RR Titanitum/Black (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-21-2005, 09:30 PM

Posting Frequency

what about power #'s? have they improved at all w/ the different shape?
post #3 of 15 Old 12-21-2005, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I would assume they are probably still the same. I think they finally realized that their exhaust was lacking a bit in the looks dept. I know, who cares about looks, but it does matter to some.

05' ZX-10R (sold)

Last edited by 41ants; 12-21-2005 at 09:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 12-21-2005, 09:42 PM

Posting Frequency

Honestly, everybody cares weather they admit it or not. its just who can cope better w/ something more than the other.
post #5 of 15 Old 12-22-2005, 10:16 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Skype™ to lavudyar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41ants
In the past it seems they only offered that long round fugly can.
Now that's not nice. Not eveyone wants the Ricky Racer look, and I love the look of all that Ti on the side of my bike (where it belongs, as opposed to the new 919 look) and it reminds me of E-Boz's ZX7RR superbike. The shorter cans just scream "Look at me! I'm loud and squidly!" and I don't see the appeal of anything other than bare metal or CF. Then again, that's me - function over form, all day long.

Before I bought the Sato, I called Dan and asked him which pipe made the best numbers on his dyno and he said Sato, even over the Akro Evo (of which he had one for testing and offered to sell to me for $1100).

I love my Sato - it looks good (read: simple, not 'bling' or ostentatious), rumbles at idle, howls up top, and makes great power all over. What's not to like (unless you're a form over function type)?

Ray D
Never pet a burning dog.
post #6 of 15 Old 12-22-2005, 01:10 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Prior to the shorty can Sato also had an oval canister available since 03 but i agree the trend seems to be short/oval or both.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #7 of 15 Old 12-22-2005, 05:11 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

But the oval only came (or comes?) in Ti, not in CF.

The Sato was my first choice, but I got such a good price on a barely-used Akra from a friend that I had to take it. Sato welds are works of art.
post #8 of 15 Old 12-22-2005, 05:26 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah, and the round can looks way cool, but I like how my oval tucks in tight and exits right below the turn signal (yes, I'm lame and still have all my stock signal stuff and reflectors on). It doesn't interrupt airflow at all, and the opening is big enough to fit my fist!

Ray D
Never pet a burning dog.
post #9 of 15 Old 12-22-2005, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Well, I also spent some time today talking to Dan. He said the same thing; the Sato does make more power than the Arata and that Akro that he still has laying around. LOL I asked him about the Shorty can and he said that it makes less power than the standard size can on the K5. HE DID NOT TEST IT ON THE 10, so he couldn't say if the same would hold true. I am now starting to lean back towards the SATO TI OVAL system... BTW, that system only makes 4whp more than the slipon and the full system makes slightly less power than the slipon.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Dan has carried Sato for some time and probably put much more time in creating a map for that pipe on his personal bike (zx-10) than he did on that akro that he ordered. Also, his dyno testing wasn't done on an EVO2, so who knows how the EVO2 compares to the Sato?

I'll take one of each please and throw an TI-FORCE in their as well. LOL

05' ZX-10R (sold)
post #10 of 15 Old 12-22-2005, 05:34 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Isn't the Evo2 the shorty?

Ray D
Never pet a burning dog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in