Royal Purple Synthetic Chain Lube - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-13-2008, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Royal Purple Synthetic Chain Lube

http://www.royalpurple.com/chain-lubricant.html

I ordered some Royal Purple oil awhile back, and wanted a small can of chain lube to take with so I thought I'd try their chain lube, and am I ever glad I did that. I've been using Maxima chain lube for some time now, applied it like you should, to a warm chain with it moving. Well I used this Royal Purple chain lube the last time, and I can barely even hear my chain moving anymore, MUCH QUIETER!!! I just hope it as good as the Maxima, and I already believe that it is because moving the wheel when on the rear stand the chain doesn't have any irregular movement or binding, where before it did just a little bit.

As far as their oil goes, I'm really not noticing much of a difference, slightly lower operating temps but that has far too many variables, but my shift lever does seem to move easier, but at the same time has a more prounounced "clunk", maybe because it slides into the next gear easier, who knows, chances are it's all in my head but I'm pretty positive on the chain lube.

At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

Member of The Elite - Growler Group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-14-2008, 10:16 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to evoracer518
I have heard a lot of bad things about royal purple. Amsoil and Mobil one are the best for your engine. Do a search on the internet or look on amsoils website. The tests are there. I am using Motorex Racing chain lube with teflon. Lasts a long time on the chain and turns is white. It has teflon in it and works great. A lot better than the Maxima I was using. I noticed with the maxima it did not last a long time before I needed to put more on the chain.

'06 Ninja 650R (9000 Miles)
(Bridgestone BT-014, Fender Eliminator)
'07 ZX-10R Special Edition (10000 Miles)
(Pazzo Shorties Red/Black, Sato Racing Dual Exhaust Titanium, Lizard Lights LED's, Black Tinted Screen, Two Brothers Fender Eliminator, Sport Bike Cam Camera Mount, Sato Racing Frame Sliders, Scorpio Alarm, Dunlop Qualifier Tires (3rd Set), Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil)

http://www.youtube.com/user/evoracer518
http://www.myspace.com/evoracer518
post #3 of 3 Old 08-14-2008, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the info, always appreciated, I'm impressed with the chain lube regardless of the oil. I had originally thought about using Klotz synthetic oil but when it came to it I just popped the cash for the Royal Purple. I don't know what bad things you've heard but it's always nice to hear both sides. I'm a Mobil 1 and Valvoline fan myself but really got lost as far as what to run in the bike, when it comes down to it though, does it matter a whole lot? I might give the AmSoil a try sometime, but I think I might run some Silkolene this next change. I'm aksing myself, will this bike ever see the same brand oil more than once? If not, is it good for it? Screw it man, oil is oil, not exactly but the discussion has been brought out too many times.

The thread is titled as chain lube and that's what I wanted to share with everyone, my chain tracks true now when the wheel is rotated up on the stand, so that there impresses me. I'll have to take your suggestion sometime though, teflon sounds good.

At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

Member of The Elite - Growler Group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in