Rode New CBR 1000RR - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 Old 02-26-2005, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Wink Rode New CBR 1000RR

Me and my buddy with his new CBR 1000RR swapped out for a few test runs after a few roll on tests. For those of you who care here's what I experienced and now think:

The 10 is much faster and pulls stronger and harder on top

The CBR 1000 is a very capable and fast bike - if my 10 is not @ 7-8grand when we launch for 2nd gear roll ons then the CBR will pull on me till I hit the power about 8-10 grand. We both weigh about 150. We both have -1 countershaft sprockets. Mine is piped and mapped with PC3, his is stock.

I was very suprised by the CBR. It wheelies in 2nd pretty easy - I would say easier than mine when mine was stock. Remember he has a -1 cs. Put the CBR in 2nd up till about 7 grand and whack it and it comes right up!!

We swapped bikes and did roll ons - he said he couldnt keep my 10 pinned cause the front wanted to come up (you guys know how that front feels - like it wants to come up and it just wiggles when hard on the gas)...But nonetheless that RR is pretty good - Real stable - but you can feel the added weight.

RR's aren't as bad as many make them out to be. I still would rather have my 10 though - the 10 quality is very comparable -thats saying alot when comparing with HONDA. I like my ten....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 Old 03-03-2005, 09:52 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Very nice.

It does take a little time to get used to being on only 1 wheel through the first 2 gears.
post #3 of 50 Old 03-03-2005, 10:54 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to crispin
Hmmm.

I am picking up my buddies 05 RR tommorow for the weekend.

The bike only has 70 miles on it so I will not be able to fully beat on it.

ya ya ya...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 Old 03-04-2005, 03:55 AM
den

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Sanders

Me and my buddy with his new CBR 1000RR swapped out for a few test runs after a few roll on tests. For those of you who care here's what I experienced and now think:

The 10 is much faster and pulls stronger and harder on top

The CBR 1000 is a very capable and fast bike - if my 10 is not @ 7-8grand when we launch for 2nd gear roll ons then the CBR will pull on me till I hit the power about 8-10 grand. We both weigh about 150. We both have -1 countershaft sprockets. Mine is piped and mapped with PC3, his is stock.

I was very suprised by the CBR. It wheelies in 2nd pretty easy - I would say easier than mine when mine was stock. Remember he has a -1 cs. Put the CBR in 2nd up till about 7 grand and whack it and it comes right up!!

We swapped bikes and did roll ons - he said he couldnt keep my 10 pinned cause the front wanted to come up (you guys know how that front feels - like it wants to come up and it just wiggles when hard on the gas)...But nonetheless that RR is pretty good - Real stable - but you can feel the added weight.

RR's aren't as bad as many make them out to be. I still would rather have my 10 though - the 10 quality is very comparable -thats saying alot when comparing with HONDA. I like my ten....
YOUR 10 is not good. don't forget he is stock, when the 2 bikes are stock, the 10 is better than the RR. there's something wrong with your 10 boy
post #5 of 50 Old 03-04-2005, 10:51 AM

Posting Frequency

I never have the problem with the 1-2 gear wheelies...
post #6 of 50 Old 03-04-2005, 10:51 AM

Posting Frequency

?
post #7 of 50 Old 03-04-2005, 08:11 PM

Posting Frequency

The RR is a nice ride. It was my second choice to the 10. I especially like the all-red 2005. I have no regrets though.
post #8 of 50 Old 03-04-2005, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Den - when did you say the last time you rode a RR was?? No one said the 10 was slower or that the RR was better. Just said that the RR was impressive. The mags make the RR out to be a slow sled. I did not find this to be after riding his RR for quite some time. The 10 is definitely a faster, more agile feeling bike, but the dyno tells the story: In "Roadracing World" April 2004 issue the CBR, GIxxer 1000, and the 10 were compared in every way - on the dyno the CBR puts out more power than the 10 all the way up to 9500 rpm - from there the 10 just leaves it. When riding the RR you do notice the power advantage of the RR at the bottom and it pulls pretty hard till 10 grand where it feels like it levels out - the 10 just keeps pulling - different power in different areas. Hope you ride one soon - you'll see.
post #9 of 50 Old 03-04-2005, 10:45 PM

Posting Frequency

Honda makes good dirt bikes, and scooters
post #10 of 50 Old 03-05-2005, 12:45 AM
OG Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to stunnerific_harry
and crap

Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
Pedro: Yes. I don't understand... they say you're not allowed to have pinatas that look like real people, but in Mexico, we do it all the time.
Pedro: Vote for me, and all your wildest dreams will come true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in