Rear brake switch install on vortex rearsets??? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-19-2007, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Rear brake switch install on vortex rearsets???

Anyone happen to have any pictures?

Im installing the rearsets right now on my 07 zx10r and im trying to figure out how the pressure switch is installed so i can keep the function of my rear brake light from my rear brake lever? I have the rear brake pressure switch here in front of me but just dont see how to hook it up?

Let me know guys. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-19-2007, 08:16 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Not sure what is supplied with your kit. I know Sato uses a brake line switch from Spiegler. You can see it here http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/BrakeAcc.cfm

It replaces the stock banjo bolt and plugs into the brake light line. Direct mount up. Works off the pressure in the line not a pull switch on the stocker.

Not sure if that helps but it could be a work around if you dont find a solution.

NESBA #456 Intermediate
post #3 of 11 Old 07-19-2007, 08:24 PM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

I left mine off , its useful when you go past a PoPo and have to hit the anchors, no light can sometimes be advantageous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 07-19-2007, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Yeah man, never thought of that....

I will prob install it but from what booken told me, i have to bleed the brakes and all that mess and i dont have to stuff to do it right now so ill do it later. Ill just remember to grab the front brake if im stopping with traffic behind me.
post #5 of 11 Old 07-19-2007, 08:39 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02 View Post
Yeah man, never thought of that....

I will prob install it but from what booken told me, i have to bleed the brakes and all that mess and i dont have to stuff to do it right now so ill do it later. Ill just remember to grab the front brake if im stopping with traffic behind me.
Other than the above posted reason (and the occasional track day), I don't really see a lot of other reasons to even use the rear brake at all. 99% of the time I'm using the front.
post #6 of 11 Old 07-19-2007, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
Other than the above posted reason (and the occasional track day), I don't really see a lot of other reasons to even use the rear brake at all. 99% of the time I'm using the front.
Yeah, i use the front most of the time too but i wouldnt mind having it hooked up. Oh well, no rush to put it in, ill just hold onto it until i decide to install it later down the road. Who knows, might not ever put it in.
post #7 of 11 Old 07-22-2007, 04:50 PM

Posting Frequency

Don't know if you were aware, but I talked to a guy at www.hardracing.com and he said that you have to buy another switch for the Vortex joints. They have the switch there for about $23.
post #8 of 11 Old 07-22-2007, 05:50 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

ok have done this allot.

1st you have the 125 thread pitch corret?

2nd remove banjo bolt from top of master cyclender.

3rd clean up that mess, It eats paint! pump rear brake and clean up that mess quickly!

4th screw in the pressure switch threw the brake line coupling.
make sure you use the 2 new crush washers that came with it. {there sitting on the wires}

5th fill fluid cup with motol dot 5!!!!

6th bleed air out of lines!

7 ride!

Randy

I got tiered of buying go fast parts.... So i got a turbo! now i need go slow parts!
If it aint modded it aint yours!
post #9 of 11 Old 09-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I am currently installing vortex race rearsets on my 07 zx10r there should be a pin that goes in the rear back bottom or a metric bolt with a locking nylon nut to secure to your vortex rearsets bottom back left hole. i am sure by now you traced the pig tails under your gas tank by now. will send pixs when done very very simple bolt on part.
post #10 of 11 Old 05-23-2012, 02:48 AM
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
Anyone know thread pitch of rear mc banjo bolt on gen 3...Here in novascotia canada we need a rear brake light for inspections so im looking for a pressure switch..

Team green,Bleed green,RIDE GREEN!!

Brembo m/c,Nassert Beet,HEL lines,Pazzo levers,HID kit,custom monster paint scheme..Thanks to forum member horse for that..Woolich raceing kit,Elka rear shock and front fork pistons,Green samco coolant hose kit,Zero gravity dbbl smoked screen,520 conversion,attack rear sets,bmc race air filter,Monster zx6 front seat,moto graffix tank pad,feredo pads,galpher lite weight rear rotor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in