Read my tires. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 08-19-2010, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Read my tires.

Got some relatively new Michelin Pilot Powers, can anyone skilled in the art of tire reading give me some feedback. I also just ajusted my suspension off of zx10racers thread about tuning suspension.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 08-19-2010, 10:08 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm very skilled in the art of tire reading. Here are some observations based upon my inspection:

1. You seem to be a) comfortable/confident seeing as they are worn to the edges, or b) everyone is comfortable/confident enuf to wear a rear to the edge so that's not a big deal.

2. You seem to have lint/fuzz on the tire so either a) your driveway is fuzzy, or b) you washed and wiped tire off.

3) This is either a) the left side of the tire or, or b) your tire is mounted backwards.

4) I obviously am a) not skilled at the art of tire reading, or b) i did not even know there was such an art.

Props to you for fooling with the suspension though, 10rracer is pretty sharp about that stuff. What's most important is does the handling feel good and natural to you? If so, you're on the right track. Hope you get better observations than above. I'll keep check, i may learn something here.
post #3 of 17 Old 08-19-2010, 10:16 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

looks like normal tire wear (after some quick riding) with no real suspension issues...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 08-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

looks like theyre good bro, hittin the corners hard, the arrow is gone so keep riding hard bro. no stripes... KEEP it that way lol

Live Fast, Ride Hard!
post #5 of 17 Old 08-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden41 View Post
I'm very skilled in the art of tire reading. Here are some observations based upon my inspection:

1. You seem to be a) comfortable/confident seeing as they are worn to the edges, or b) everyone is comfortable/confident enuf to wear a rear to the edge so that's not a big deal.

2. You seem to have lint/fuzz on the tire so either a) your driveway is fuzzy, or b) you washed and wiped tire off.

3) This is either a) the left side of the tire or, or b) your tire is mounted backwards.

4) I obviously am a) not skilled at the art of tire reading, or b) i did not even know there was such an art.

Props to you for fooling with the suspension though, 10rracer is pretty sharp about that stuff. What's most important is does the handling feel good and natural to you? If so, you're on the right track. Hope you get better observations than above. I'll keep check, i may learn something here.
....smarta$$.......that was a pretty good one man, got a good chuckle out of it.

To the OP....things look great in the rear to me! ( that probably did NOT come out the way it was intended!!) keep on keepin on and as long as the ass end isn't trying to slide out or buck very bad when you're deep in the corner....i'd leave well enough alone BUT, what's the front look like?
post #6 of 17 Old 08-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Team Green Baby!

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ShinobiZXR
HAHA @ Hayden's comments. I would say based on what I can see, you are steady on the throttle going into the corner and you gradually increase exiting the corner. Mildly agressive because the surface on the tire is a lil rough looking which very good for street tires. Suspension looks good!
post #7 of 17 Old 08-20-2010, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiZXR View Post
HAHA @ Hayden's comments. I would say based on what I can see, you are steady on the throttle going into the corner and you gradually increase exiting the corner. Mildly agressive because the surface on the tire is a lil rough looking which very good for street tires. Suspension looks good!
Ok now im just curious. What about the wear on the tire tells you that???
post #8 of 17 Old 08-20-2010, 12:58 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I am not sure now. hit up dave moss or maybe it was sportbike on reading the tires. Penske has a good read up on tire/handling troubleshooting as well.
post #9 of 17 Old 08-20-2010, 01:16 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

unless you did a nice burnout to get the stripes off, to me i would think this guy can ride. Not many corners around here so its kind of tough to get he last 1/4in off but thats on my 190, when i had a 180 the whole tire looked like that. id give you probs but who knows you might have pulled a quick one on us... what do you say randy?
post #10 of 17 Old 08-20-2010, 01:43 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXRANDY View Post
Ok now im just curious. What about the wear on the tire tells you that???
The gummy-ness of the tire after the heat cycle you put it through & the lack of scalloping where the tread is cut/moulded.

+1 on the suspension setup.
+1 on what does the front tire look like?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in