Re: electrical short - tail light fuse blown - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-26-2006, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Re: electrical short - tail light fuse blown

Hello All,

It has been some time since I was on here last. Like Nov 05 when my problem first started. Re cap, tail light fuse would blow. I checked it out, and thought it was my after market blinkers. Upon further review, I determined it wasn't but thought it was time for the pro's to take a look at it. I had used the trouble shooting tips in the book, but no dice. I took it to the shop, and they found nothing wrong and side it was just fine. I said if that's the case, then I want an extended warranty, which they sold me for $650. I didn't get five mile away before the fuse blow again. Now fast forward for the next few months my bike was in and out of the shop for the same problem. The service mgr girl was a complete ideate. She could only see the after market blinkers as the problem. Because she was unable to see anything else nor did she want to. I informed here that if you unplugged the blinkers the fuse still blew, which means the problem was ells where. Basically she didn't to and couldn't fix it. I left in frustration and waited a few months while navigated through my pending divorce. I returned to the shop to find all new personnel. The whole shop had been let go. I brought my bike back and it was determined that it needed a wiring harness, which the warrantee covered. I'm on the road again.

There is more but I've written enough. I just want to say thanks to all that originally responded to my calls for help. The three which I still have emails from in my inbox are as follows:

Gofaster
Yehzx10r
El Diablo

If I missed any other responders I'm sorry these were the only three email left in my in box.

The shop even gave me a $250 off my new Akrapovic black carbon fiber slip on- not bad, so now I'm back on the road and rolling hard.

P.S. Ninja's only wear black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-26-2006, 02:45 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

So it was the wiring harness that was bad? Is that a factory defect? I have not rode my bike on the street in awhile, but I am sure the problem still exists on my bike. Did they tell you what was wrong with the harness?

WERA #74
post #3 of 5 Old 04-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

nice to see a happy ending.

"P.S. Ninja's only wear black"- that has to be the most clever/ funniest color comment I've seen on this site.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-02-2006, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hello All,

Well the new tech showed me the wire and it was the rear tail light fuse wire which was burnt from the fuse block to the front of the bike somewhere. He never told me or showed me what caused it, and I don't think he cared much. My bike had been in and out of that shop so frequently they just wanted it done, as did I.

Once I get another camera I will post a pic or two. My soon to be X-wife has the new digital we got last year.

Later
post #5 of 5 Old 05-02-2006, 01:56 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw Dog 1
Hello All,

Well the new tech showed me the wire and it was the rear tail light fuse wire which was burnt from the fuse block to the front of the bike somewhere. He never told me or showed me what caused it, and I don't think he cared much. My bike had been in and out of that shop so frequently they just wanted it done, as did I.

Once I get another camera I will post a pic or two. My soon to be X-wife has the new digital we got last year.

Later
Kaw Dog,

A picture would be very helpful. My bike is 90% race bike now, and I am pretty sure the dealership won't let me claim warranty. After you post the picture, I can check and see if my harness has the same problem. Thanks in advance!!

WERA #74
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in