ram air and maps subject - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-19-2007, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to abadassbikerlad
ram air and maps subject

hey no doubt your see my post about dyno maps are crap?

Have you noticed the stock bike map for a zx14r zzr1400 etc for a PCIII has major amounts of fuel taken out of it now why would Kawasaki send a stock bike out with over fuelling and need -13 taken out of it where the motor peaks?

Maybe that's the cure to your extra power your finding when you wind off from fuel throttle, my mates been moaning about this on his 04 zx10r for 3 years now i got Dyno mapped and got a higher print out from when i went in but the soggy full throttle was worse....so hence me adding +23 i had tried +12 to start and felt it was lots better so i am at that now on my fuel map to cure it.

Which i might add is way higher than any map i seen out there...

2013 black uk spec gen 4, full akrapovic evo carbon, brembo rcs master cylinder, brembo clutch, ohlins race SCU, woolichracing flashed ecu with stock 02 disabled, ohlins mechatronic rear shock, Suoer corsa Sc2 200 rear smoked hot bodies rear end, Puig screen, s-2 concepts seat hump,Hell hoses, brembo m4 monoblocks samco sport red hoses, samco clamps, evotech oil cap, MWR filter, Putoline syntec 4, Jmt lion battery, nearly all bolts are titanium. 55w 6000k 2.5" Hid projectors.
190.26 hp Din
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
different bikes need different fuel maps. don't forget power commander maps were made for a bike in California and those elevations and temperatures will all decide on what the bike needs. Custom maps by a good dyno operator who actually knows what hes doing will be the best bet. If the operator knows about how to tune a bike you should have good results.

as for the bike being rich, sometimes the manufacture knows that the bike is going to get a pipe on it and air filter and it will need more fuel so they come rich to begin with. just one opinion though.

If you really want to know what you bike is doing get a data logger wideband O2
post #3 of 8 Old 07-19-2007, 11:35 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

If you really want to know what you bike is doing get a data logger wideband O2[/QUOTE]

Sorry to thread jack. Can you elaborate more on this data logger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

http://www.daytona-sensors.com/WEGO2.html

this is what I am running on my bike and a few others, there are a few other boxes that do the same thing but we switched over to these.

Basically it has a Bosh style O2 sensor that you have a welded bung in the pipe to screw into. You also can hook up inputs for throttle position and RPM

These units record data ranging from 15mins to 3 hours and you can view what ever the bike was doing in that time frame and view 100% throttle from 5k to redline and see that the bike was maybe in the 13.4 range at 9,000 rpm and so in the power commander map you can add 2-3 numbers until it makes the bike have a perfect air fuel delivery.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-20-2007, 12:20 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Dose it help you tune your bike and have you seen any hp gains and how?
post #6 of 8 Old 07-20-2007, 05:51 AM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by garth285 View Post
http://www.daytona-sensors.com/WEGO2.html

this is what I am running on my bike and a few others, there are a few other boxes that do the same thing but we switched over to these.

Basically it has a Bosh style O2 sensor that you have a welded bung in the pipe to screw into. You also can hook up inputs for throttle position and RPM

These units record data ranging from 15mins to 3 hours and you can view what ever the bike was doing in that time frame and view 100% throttle from 5k to redline and see that the bike was maybe in the 13.4 range at 9,000 rpm and so in the power commander map you can add 2-3 numbers until it makes the bike have a perfect air fuel delivery.

Wich one(part#) did you get?
post #7 of 8 Old 07-20-2007, 06:27 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Often wondered how they dynotune a ram air bike when when it's static

Bill - GI Pro, Hindle slip on, Smoked screen, ZX14 brakes.... Well, you feel lucky, punk? You shouldn't, this is a 10R
post #8 of 8 Old 07-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

WEGO2-SYS I got that one you can get this one WEGO2-SYS-NB which doesn't have the heads up display but you can log data onto that one and put it somewhere under the seat or something.

this will not be a bolt on type thing that will gain you horsepower, this is a tuning tool for field use which you use real world data of air fuel, rpm and throttle position.

You will gain horsepower and have a fine tuned bike after your done tuning it but it just takes a few pulls and map adjustments to make it perfect air fuel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in