Racetech Springs only... Questions? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-24-2007, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to SalKhan Send a message via Yahoo to SalKhan
Racetech Springs only... Questions?

I tried to set the sag today and although the front was pretty close with the near preload fully locked (never a pleasant feeling huh? ), the rear wasn't even close which doesn't surprise me since I'm on the hefty side (225ish lbs). Even at my lightest I'll still be around the 195 mark so I'm trying to, optimistically, keep that mind as well.

I ordered some Racetech 1.00 springs for the front and a 10.7 springs for the rear today and they should be here next week.

We have the stock seals and washers in stock for the forks if we need them for the rebuild, however I did not order the valving from Racetech. It's tough to tell with the spring being so soft, I know, but the stock action "SEEMS" to be ok...

Just wondering if anyone has done something like this, or similar to it? Bike only has 5000 miles on it so far so I'm hoping everything else is in order.

I'm not too worried about setting lap records at VIR so getting it perfect isn't really necessary right now. But I would at least like to have the sag setup right and take it from there.

Sal Khan

http://www.thelunchjournals.com - Updated 3/8/08!

Last edited by SalKhan; 05-24-2007 at 09:16 PM. Reason: God my English sucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Yankee Racer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to zx10ragentblack
Moved here.

JJ
post #3 of 7 Old 05-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Yankee Racer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to zx10ragentblack
Hard to say if you got it right but you'll find out I guess. I got my forks done with traxxion and they take your information and then give you the proper springs for your weight which was pretty cool. I take it you did the same with Racetech?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-24-2007, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10ragentblack View Post
Hard to say if you got it right but you'll find out I guess. I got my forks done with traxxion and they take your information and then give you the proper springs for your weight which was pretty cool. I take it you did the same with Racetech?
Oh yeah yeah... Granted I didn't take it there but I called them up as well (after not trusting their online calculator) and they asked a couple questions: Bike, weight, type of riding, skill level... etc... and in the end it actually ended up coming out to the same as what the online wizard came up with.

I'm guessing it's just a spring rate change (I'll use stock oil weight this time around) so the bike shouldn't burst into flames and give me leprocy...

...Right?

Sal Khan

post #5 of 7 Old 05-25-2007, 03:36 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

probably because the guy on the phone was using the same online calculator lol...

Once i thought more than two strokes was masturbation. Now I realise that 4 feel better, and who am I to argue with my feelings.

05 Black/white road/track zx-10r. Race fairings with stock headlight custom blinkers, Brembo MC, HEL braided lines, Toby dampner, Mustard Block-off plates, plugged airbox, Mustard Heel guards, Mustard Ram-air tube support, custom flip-up rear fender eliminator, custom rear fender, custom seat cowl, corsa 111's.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-25-2007, 04:21 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
probably because the guy on the phone was using the same online calculator lol...
Damnit Mustard... Let me enjoy my ignorance.

Sal Khan

post #7 of 7 Old 05-25-2007, 04:34 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Sorry! lol...

Once i thought more than two strokes was masturbation. Now I realise that 4 feel better, and who am I to argue with my feelings.

05 Black/white road/track zx-10r. Race fairings with stock headlight custom blinkers, Brembo MC, HEL braided lines, Toby dampner, Mustard Block-off plates, plugged airbox, Mustard Heel guards, Mustard Ram-air tube support, custom flip-up rear fender eliminator, custom rear fender, custom seat cowl, corsa 111's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in