Racefit - vibrations - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-07-2011, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Racefit - vibrations

I fitted a Racefit growler a few days ago and man its loud.

It seems to run pretty lean too...I see the inside of the pipe is very light grey...and lots of popping under decel... anyhow...

..the point of this post however is that I noticed additional vibrations after I lost the std boom box and fitted the slip-on.
The boom box is bolted to a hanger which now only serves to fit the slip-on spring to.

So support for the headers is no longer and I surmise a cause of the additional vibes I'm feeling.

So I scavenged a bracket off the boom box and used a large washer which I bent to fit and tied up the slip-on/orig headers junction to the hanger and went for a spin... lo and behold minimized vibes, its now back to the smooth operator it was before... especially under acceleration.

Has anyone else noticed this with the Racefit growler?

I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-08-2011, 04:55 AM
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpiusZA View Post
I fitted a Racefit growler a few days ago and man its loud.

It seems to run pretty lean too...I see the inside of the pipe is very light grey...and lots of popping under decel... anyhow...

..the point of this post however is that I noticed additional vibrations after I lost the std boom box and fitted the slip-on.
The boom box is bolted to a hanger which now only serves to fit the slip-on spring to.

So support for the headers is no longer and I surmise a cause of the additional vibes I'm feeling.

So I scavenged a bracket off the boom box and used a large washer which I bent to fit and tied up the slip-on/orig headers junction to the hanger and went for a spin... lo and behold minimized vibes, its now back to the smooth operator it was before... especially under acceleration.

Has anyone else noticed this with the Racefit growler?
perfect timing ... i tooo just did a mod using a growler .. Mine is a MGP H/B growler .. well now i have a little vibration right at the damper and i dont feel it as much as i hear it .. it sounds like its shaking the damper to pivot some .. its a solid kind of vibration aimed at the center of my top triple clamp . it did not exist before the dual can delete .. i did not bolt up the pipe after the cat to the frame mount and dont plan on it either . I am assuming this little vibration at low rpms is poor fuel management from not having a pc3 (Its on its way though)
I dont feel it in the bars or the pegs ..if its in the pegs or bars its usually suspension i think

________________Grip It And Rip It_________________
post #3 of 6 Old 05-08-2011, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo-Six View Post
perfect timing ... i tooo just did a mod using a growler .. Mine is a MGP H/B growler .. well now i have a little vibration right at the damper and i dont feel it as much as i hear it .. it sounds like its shaking the damper to pivot some .. its a solid kind of vibration aimed at the center of my top triple clamp . it did not exist before the dual can delete .. i did not bolt up the pipe after the cat to the frame mount and dont plan on it either . I am assuming this little vibration at low rpms is poor fuel management from not having a pc3 (Its on its way though)
I dont feel it in the bars or the pegs ..if its in the pegs or bars its usually suspension i think
I also wondered about the possibility of poor tuning causing the vibes but its much better now..

The pipe burns quite grey though, I'm worried its too lean!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7073.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	148111  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpiusZA View Post
I also wondered about the possibility of poor tuning causing the vibes but its much better now..

The pipe burns quite grey though, I'm worried its too lean!
yeah .. I would think its lean if its grey

post #5 of 6 Old 05-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

Yo . So i recently did a seal job and my left clipon was on a lttle loose and had some play . I tightened it a little crooked . So after i loosened it up and tightened it properly that little vibration iss GONE .. Check your clipons

post #6 of 6 Old 02-10-2012, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo-Six View Post
Yo . So i recently did a seal job and my left clipon was on a lttle loose and had some play . I tightened it a little crooked . So after i loosened it up and tightened it properly that little vibration iss GONE .. Check your clipons
aha!..good pointer, ta!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in