RACED a 04 R1 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 02-26-2005, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thumbs up RACED a 04 R1

I dont care what each (ZX or R1) forum says those R1's are fast. Myikl knows- Ive read his post's about Pesky... Here's what I ran against:

R1: Full Micron Serpent Hydroflow pipe with PC3 and Custom Map. 2 teeth up in the Rear. Both of us Same weight about 145lbs.

10R (mine): M4 slip on , DK "sato slip on" Map with PC3, -1 CS sprocket.

We didn't do runs shifting through the gears so it wouldn't be the shifting that made the difference. Just 3rd gear roll on till it hit rev limiter. We started about 7-8 grand on my tach and then we just tucked and pinned it. The R1 stayed right there but the 10R pulled a bike length in front. He didnt want to admit it. Kinda like "Oh were we really racing?" But trust me - both bikes were pinned to the hilt and the 10 had em by a bit. My neck was felt like the wind was going to rip it off shifting in to 4th @ 12 grand. These bikes are truly MEGA-FAST; I've been riding for 15 years and the 10R still makes me respect it and still leaves a big grin every time I ride it!!! I love this bike. What in the world does nitrous feel like on these - who is crazy enough to ride 185 hspwr with nitrous....WOW

Peace
:headshake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in