Gen 4: 2011-2015 Race kit example maps - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-02-2012, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Race kit example maps

Hello, I am going to dyno tune my gen4 engine myself as there is no one who can do this where I am located. ( I actually went once allready with an expert, but he didn't even know how to save it to the ecu and he did only afr tuning, so I got back with a 0 map) I have the race kit ecu with harness and the computer cable.

I have decided if I am going to get it done, it's better to do it myself, with hopefully some help here:)

I have it in a race car with modified headers and it has a dry sump. I have a data logger that for now just have logged afr. I will get the logger hooked into rpm and tps aswell.

I have raced it with the 0 map and it has been running a bit rich, around 12.4 afr. As I am in a month or two going to spend a day on a dyno, it would be good to have look with some maps before, so I could see where others have picked up power. Just to see where to play around the most.

As it is in a racecar I have to go to a car dyno shop, and they do not really have so much knowledge about motorbike engines.

I am thinking to get the afr around 13 -13,3 and then start with iginition. Is it fairly safe to start from the 0 map and add ignition or should I step back a bit first?

I thought about working most with 100 tps as in the racecar we are pretty much on or off throttle.

If any body want share their map and give hints/advise on some of this I will be very gratefull:)

Last edited by sunbernt; 09-02-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-26-2012, 02:03 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Balogiannis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbernt View Post
Hello, I am going to dyno tune my gen4 engine myself as there is no one who can do this where I am located. ( I actually went once allready with an expert, but he didn't even know how to save it to the ecu and he did only afr tuning, so I got back with a 0 map) I have the race kit ecu with harness and the computer cable.

I have decided if I am going to get it done, it's better to do it myself, with hopefully some help here:)

I have it in a race car with modified headers and it has a dry sump. I have a data logger that for now just have logged afr. I will get the logger hooked into rpm and tps aswell.

I have raced it with the 0 map and it has been running a bit rich, around 12.4 afr. As I am in a month or two going to spend a day on a dyno, it would be good to have look with some maps before, so I could see where others have picked up power. Just to see where to play around the most.

As it is in a racecar I have to go to a car dyno shop, and they do not really have so much knowledge about motorbike engines.

I am thinking to get the afr around 13 -13,3 and then start with iginition. Is it fairly safe to start from the 0 map and add ignition or should I step back a bit first?

I thought about working most with 100 tps as in the racecar we are pretty much on or off throttle.

If any body want share their map and give hints/advise on some of this I will be very gratefull:)
Ιf you have a datalogger that can log tps/rpm/AFR it should be fairly easy to tune the car even without a dyno,you just drive it at your local track and then adjust the fueling based on your log. It's going to take 2-3 times of adjustment/logging but it's easy,just time consuming.

Ignition would be better tuned on the dyno,where you can have visual confirmation of the changes rather than just "feel". The zero map is a good place to start,not too advanced
post #3 of 4 Old 09-30-2012, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balogiannis View Post
Ιf you have a datalogger that can log tps/rpm/AFR it should be fairly easy to tune the car even without a dyno,you just drive it at your local track and then adjust the fueling based on your log. It's going to take 2-3 times of adjustment/logging but it's easy,just time consuming.

Ignition would be better tuned on the dyno,where you can have visual confirmation of the changes rather than just "feel". The zero map is a good place to start,not too advanced
Thank you for replying. Good to know there is some margin on the 0 map:) I assume you have done this allready? Did you find some more power while tuning the ignition? I am just curios of what potential there might be:)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-30-2012, 03:39 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Balogiannis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbernt View Post
Thank you for replying. Good to know there is some margin on the 0 map:) I assume you have done this allready? Did you find some more power while tuning the ignition? I am just curios of what potential there might be:)

I've done this in a gen3 bike,so things might be a little different on the gen4,but I suppose similar... There is little room for gains with ignition tuning,especially with the 100 octane fuel I'm using...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in