Race ECU - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 Old 05-06-2008, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
10R
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Race ECU

I've got an 05 ZX10 and was wondering if the Kawasaki adjustable Race ECU is worth spending the money on if the bike is not a track bike.

I don't care what kind of rider he was, he tested me and got dealt with. +1 in my book.
By: Riding4life162
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 05-06-2008, 09:35 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

If you are looking to get the most out of the bike, get a full stand alone
post #3 of 40 Old 05-06-2008, 10:57 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

hell yeah it is.i have two of them brand new and a sub harness to go with it.it allows real time adjustments for fuel,timing,over (500 more rpm) and a bunch more stuff.its the same cpu attack used on their superbike and deezhul used on his landspeed bike.it blows the dynojet stuff away.if your intrested let me know ill send you a package deal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 Old 05-06-2008, 11:07 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

How much can you change the fueling? Is it like the pcIII 50%?

What about ignition advance or retard 10 degrees either way or more?
post #5 of 40 Old 05-06-2008, 11:46 AM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by inginekilla View Post
hell yeah it is.i have two of them brand new and a sub harness to go with it.it allows real time adjustments for fuel,timing,over (500 more rpm) and a bunch more stuff.its the same cpu attack used on their superbike and deezhul used on his landspeed bike.it blows the dynojet stuff away.if your intrested let me know ill send you a package deal
Interested, will PM
post #6 of 40 Old 05-06-2008, 06:31 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Not its not since most of us can't ride the bike to its full potential anyways. Most people bling their bikes out just to say they have this and that. The PCIII will do just fine especially if you are just doing mild mods.
post #7 of 40 Old 05-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

well i have personally run into all kinds of problems with dyno jet products,we always tune the bikes with data loggers not dynos and the kit ecu set up always proves to be better.ive seen a/f ratios go from 12:7 to 11:5 on back to back runs with dyno jet stuff,again this is in the real world.you ever run a bud and walk him one day then next he is next to or in front of you?i hold the pc3,ign module responsible.sure he or you may have missed a shift or shifted to late or early but i dont know what else to say the kit is in a league of its own when compared to the pc3.if attack kawasaki would have made more power with the dynojet products then they would have used them but thr didnt instead they went with the kit ecu.
post #8 of 40 Old 05-07-2008, 10:19 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

But 90% of AMA Privateers and almost all AFM,WERA and every other racing organization run dynojet product. Don't get me wrong the Kit ECU is awesome but really not for street use. So you say you tune using data loggers not dynos right? How do you know what A\F ratio is optimal for your bike?
post #9 of 40 Old 05-07-2008, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
10R
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Well, I won a brand new one on Ebay for 400 bucks. I got the harness for 150, and 15 bucks to ship it all. That totals out to $565.00, which is almost what I'd have in a PC and ignition module anyway. At that cost I don't think I could pass it up. You say you don't think it is really meant for the street though? I am curious to what you mean. And I'm not being argumentative in any way, I just don't know what you mean.

I don't care what kind of rider he was, he tested me and got dealt with. +1 in my book.
By: Riding4life162
post #10 of 40 Old 05-08-2008, 09:59 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm saying its a bit overkill for the street. You got a hell of a deal on the stuff so why not go with the kit stuff. As far as tuning the race ecu take it to a professional. Its nothing like the Dynojet stuff. Especially when messing with the ignition timing. Mis tuning A\F ratio can lead to running sh*tty but mistuning ignition timing can cause motor failure. Just a thought though. As far as tuning with a data logger BS that only helps with temp changes and elevation changes. You still need to get it to a dyno for a optimal base map. You then use the data logger to fine tune the map to meet the track conditions. As far as using a data logger to tune from scratch don't even think about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in