A&R Baffles, No PC 2nd gen - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-16-2010, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

A&R Baffles, No PC 2nd gen

Hey guys,

First of all, I searched, and couldn't find the exact info I'm looking for... hopefully someone can help me out.

So I have an '07, fully stock right now. I'm considering buying some A&R baffles for it, but don't think I'll be getting a PC. Right now I'm at sea level (Victoria, BC, Canada), and the guys out here that I've talked to say their bikes run fine with a slip-ons/no PC's.

The problem I have is, I'll be moving in a couple months to Calgary, AB, where the elevation is ~3500ft. I'm worried this will make my bike run even leaner than it does at sea level (with modded cans), and I might actually run into some problems without having a PC.

So, any guys out there running slip-ons/race baffles at higher elevations? Any other useful input? Appreciate the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-16-2010, 12:44 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

As long as you are not changing the diameter of your headers you will be fine - no pc necessary. I cannot comment on the effects of the altitude change.

If you have nothing nice to say - "Shut the [email protected] up"
post #3 of 8 Old 07-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Go with the A&R Baffles. You will like the sound. I suggest getting a PC and tuning the bike once you move. At 3500ft your air/fuel mixture will be rich and the bike will feel slugish.

DB Screen, ASV Levers, PCIII, Yoshimura R-77 Slip-on, Front/Rear Galfer SBK Steel Braided brake lines, Nissin Calipers, Solo Seat Cowl, Fender Eliminator, Integrated tail light, K&N Filter, Anodized red oil/brake caps, Yosh bar ends, modded damper, rim tape, X-TRE, HID light (right side), Aluminum radiator fan, Fork/Frame/Swingarm sliders, 1/5th throttle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-16-2010, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

^Oh right I'm obviously going to run richer up there.. why the hell was I thinking I would run leaner!

Being that its going to run a little richer in the higher elevation, that should actually be okay because the guys here at sea level run a little too lean with no PC's.. so if I'm a bit lean, and then get a bit richer.... I should be good haha.

I'll have to see about the PC/tune... the only reason I don't want one right now is because I don't have the money. I talked to a guy from calgary with a gixxer1000 and he said that he had a slip-on w/o PC... then when he got a PC and a tune, the bike put down more power, but actually didn't have as good of throttle response. Guess we'll have to see what happens.

Thanks for the input guys, keep it comin!!
post #5 of 8 Old 07-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

My bike is on stock tune with the with a baffle kit. I live at like 200-400 feet and it runs great. I recall taking a trip through the mountains and it didn't run as well. When I say as well, I mean it might have been at like 90%-95%.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-16-2010, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Interesting. When you say it didn't run as well, are you referring to throttle response, popping on decel... or something else? Just curious what I might be getting into.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-16-2010, 10:32 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

The only thing I thought I noticed was a slight change in throttle response. I could also smell it running a tad richer at idle. I wasn't really concerned about it. It felt the same at higher rpm and cruising. The only time I could feel a slight difference was stop and go.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-17-2010, 04:04 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Never used A&R's on my 06 but did something similar. I also cut 2" off, which made it look better too.
Awesome sound and zero issues.

Go for it.

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely."

Last edited by Nutter34; 07-17-2010 at 04:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in