Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Quickshift missing gears

Gen 1: 2004-05 
4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jettaglx91 
#1 ·
I just installed a Dynojet Quickshift in my Gen 1, using the PC3
My settings are 4000 rpm and 85ms but sometimes I'm missing the gears, most from 2nd to 3rd... When this happen the noise of gears scraping scare me a lot... Its like a meat grinder :badteeth:
My doubt it to increase minimum RPM or delay... What is the best option to avoid this? Im afraid to blow the gears :dontknow:

#2 ·
Usually missing gears with a quickshifter is related to the cut timing. Play around with that to see can you get the optimum delay time.

Too short cut delay will cause missed gears and false neutrals, too long will cause lurching and choppy changes.

You also need a good positive shift, if you run race shift this usually helps with that!

Other that that, maybe try an oil change?!

#4 ·
i would say your cut is too long, and you are shifting lazily. leave the 4000 rpm limit in place. make sure you pull up on the shifter firm, fast, and positively. you have to override the movement of the pressure sensor, to get the fuel cut to get it into gear.

if you cant get your foot high enoguh fast enough, lower your shifter lever.

working with my wife on this EXACT problem right now on her track bike, except, she is missing 5 and 6th gears. ski

ski

#5 ·
2nd to 3rd should be the last shift you should miss. They are so close it shouldn't be a problem. I've had mine set at 55ms forever and I don't think I've ever missed 2nd to 3rd. Keep in mind that quick shifters are made to be used wide open. You may not e pushing your shifter down enough. Sounds like to me that's the problem. Like you start to push and your pc kills but you let off before your all the way in gear. I wouldn't slow your kill time down anymore than what your at right now.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#9 ·
mine has done the same thing dont worry your not the only one lol

i have mine set at 6k min
and the delay at 60ms
if your still missing make certain all your linkages are TIGHT on the shift rod you want to eliminate all room for error and sloppy movement around that sensor!!

good luck

#10 ·
PC3 QS is a piece of Shit.
The Bazzazz on my Gen 4 is flawless.

I ran my QS on the Gen 1 for two weekends, then unplugged it because I miss too many shifts and im concerned that it will destroy the transmission.

Ive had it come out of gear in 6th, and regularly miss 5-6.

My advice, dont use it.

#11 ·
I have to agree, the stand alone units are better and things have moved a long way since the DJ QS was available.

My preference is the HM.... had one on my 6R......
Unbelievably reliable and smooth... never used the Bazzaz but by all accounts its along the same lines as the HM.

I hear the Annitori is a poor mans HM, I'm not too keen on the coarse ajustment and the inability to set preferred shift pattern.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.