question on custom/any PCIII map??? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-08-2006, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

question on custom/any PCIII map???

I have the following mods...
Akra evo2,pciii USB,BMC race,Schnitz EFIR box,40 shot dry nitrous,mps box for high rpm fuel,Kaw thin head gasket,kaw intake cam and degree cams to 105/105. thats about it I think...

Well,Heres the question...
My bike fouled 2 sets of plugs after the cam work was done... Still running the same map as I was...So I found a leaner map and seems to be better....but the problem is I can roll on the throttle in any gear and she runs to red line no probs...BUT if I smack the throttle wide open in low rpms,it spits and bogs then takes off until about 10500...then it breaks up again..Should I lean the 100% throttle out on any certain rpms or what???
I KNOW I KNOW...custom map will fix this...but I am working 6 days 12 hour shifts...and the closest dyno(I would trust) is 3 1/2 hrs away...I was trying to make it the rest of the summer,add some more mods, and get a custom in the spring...

Thanks for the help

Last edited by on1whl; 08-08-2006 at 05:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-08-2006, 07:30 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Get a custom done soon just so nothin happens to the engine.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-08-2006, 07:34 AM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
if it bogs real bad try taking numbers away in 10's I'd take fuel away down low at 80% and 100% and possibly 60% also, since you might not be all the way at 100% ands the fuel change transition may help being a lil leaner....

You should probably get a full custom map done, Im sure your missing out on some performance.

as for up top does it feel like its running lean or rich?

Ya know another htough ( I jsut put one of thes eon my bike) is a data logger in which you can basically tune the bike your self. You need to get an 02 bung welded in your mid pipe and do some wire tapping for throttle position and rpm.

I have used the Innovate box before but I recently switched to a company called "daytona sensors" its called the WEGO 2 box and it has a heads up display type box that shows air fuel ratios, great for monitoring during nitrous. Im running a 30 shot dry muzzy kit and so I have noticed that the motor does go slightly lean to 13.8-14.2:1 afr but then evens bak out to around 12.8:1-13:1 which is pretty good for air fuel.

check it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in