Question for all you PCIII tuners out there... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 12-10-2008, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Question for all you PCIII tuners out there...

I have a question for all you computer tuners out there. I have an '06/A&R baffles/disabled valves/gutted cat/Ivan's TRE and run Ivan's map.

~Drain Fade
'06 Ebony Black, Supersonic Sport Tourer
A ton of shit....I want the farkles of a Gold Wing on a 150HP bike just over 400lbs ;)
Have a VFR, ZX9R or ZX10R, check out http://drainfade.com

Last edited by RichTJ99; 01-28-2009 at 06:33 AM. Reason: EDITED by Rich - Please dont post a sponsors map. He worked very hard to create it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 12-11-2008, 03:30 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

There are way low #s in the 0% column to my taste, specially in the 3K to 6K range. You don´t know what the bike is doing unless you install a lambda and read it.
My advice would be to turn all that column to zero value to return it to stock injection pulse and see if you get rid of that stumbleness.

Performance wise the 0 column won´t give you anything. I guess they set that values for pollution/fuel consumption improvement.
post #3 of 21 Old 12-11-2008, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by sextaafondo View Post
There are way low #s in the 0% column to my taste, specially in the 3K to 6K range. You don´t know what the bike is doing unless you install a lambda and read it.
My advice would be to turn all that column to zero value to return it to stock injection pulse and see if you get rid of that stumbleness.

Performance wise the 0 column won´t give you anything. I guess they set that values for pollution/fuel consumption improvement.
Thanks for the tip. I looked at some other maps and they are zeroed out in Column 0 but then again I'm running a TRE so that could be the reason Ivan was negative on fuel. I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes...if it's a positive change I'll post up the map for others as well.

~Drain Fade
'06 Ebony Black, Supersonic Sport Tourer
A ton of shit....I want the farkles of a Gold Wing on a 150HP bike just over 400lbs ;)
Have a VFR, ZX9R or ZX10R, check out http://drainfade.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 12-16-2008, 04:16 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Well are you stumbling on decel or accel? Accel should have no effect at 0 throttle. 0 throttle is complete decel and the reason you lean the 0 colomn out is to get rid of the popping backfire. No looking in the part ot WOT colomns from 2750 to Redline your mixture was richened. Why I don't understand. My map was leaned out in the midrange up to -31 at WOT and richened up up top. Maybe you are getting to much fuel. You should get to a dyno and at least get a baseline. See where your HC (hydrocarbons or basically unburnt fuel) and your CO levels are at. Typically you want aroud 600 HC's and about 3.0-4.0 CO levels. I bet you your HC's are in the neighborhood of 1500 and CO levels in the 6-7 range.

2005 ZX10R Track Bike With Way To Much Sh*t On It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 21 Old 12-16-2008, 04:17 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

To much unburnt fuel will cause a dramatic power loss and cause you to stumble.

2005 ZX10R Track Bike With Way To Much Sh*t On It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 21 Old 12-16-2008, 04:41 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Alright understanding the numbers :

0 = no change in fuel map
-5 = -5% change in fuel map
5 = +5% change in fuel map

I had my 06 10R custom tuned with LeoVince full system. At 0% throttle I was throwing flames out the pipes. This isnt a bad situation it is only unburned fuel being reignited. What my tuner did was change the 0% throttle mapping. The adjustments were changed from 0 to 15 (yes more fuel). So I recommend changing your 0% throttle at 500 and 750 RPM to 15.

This info is only based on my experience so take it for what it is worth. This might help your situation.

Last edited by edouble; 12-16-2008 at 04:44 PM.
post #7 of 21 Old 12-16-2008, 06:53 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by edouble View Post
Alright understanding the numbers :

0 = no change in fuel map
-5 = -5% change in fuel map
5 = +5% change in fuel map

I had my 06 10R custom tuned with LeoVince full system. At 0% throttle I was throwing flames out the pipes. This isnt a bad situation it is only unburned fuel being reignited. What my tuner did was change the 0% throttle mapping. The adjustments were changed from 0 to 15 (yes more fuel). So I recommend changing your 0% throttle at 500 and 750 RPM to 15.

This info is only based on my experience so take it for what it is worth. This might help your situation.
If you were throwing flames at 0% throttle due to an excess of unburnt fuel why would you want to add more fuel? Makes no sense to me but I am no expert tuner. To me Looking at your map I think the reason you are stumbling is to much fuel. From the factory all the ZX10R 's no matter the year ran way to rich in the bottom end. That is a proven fact. By adding more fuel essentially you are flooding the engine. The combustion does not completely ignite all the fuel and your engine has to work harder to push raw fuel out. I would try a zero map and see how your bike reacts. But like stated before get to a dyno. That is the only way to know for sure.

post #8 of 21 Old 12-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
the dyno is the only way to go for accurate tuning, you cant accurately laptop tune it with out a dyno or wideband data logger.

as for the throwing flames its a lean pop not excess fuel being burnt and it is common in modded bike to add some fuel there.
post #9 of 21 Old 12-16-2008, 07:02 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiryder89 View Post
If you were throwing flames at 0% throttle due to an excess of unburnt fuel why would you want to add more fuel? Makes no sense to me but I am no expert tuner. To me Looking at your map I think the reason you are stumbling is to much fuel. From the factory all the ZX10R 's no matter the year ran way to rich in the bottom end. That is a proven fact. By adding more fuel essentially you are flooding the engine. The combustion does not completely ignite all the fuel and your engine has to work harder to push raw fuel out. I would try a zero map and see how your bike reacts. But like stated before get to a dyno. That is the only way to know for sure.
It was explained to me that at 0% throttle there is excess oxygen that is pushing fuel out of the cylinder heads that is reignited in the exhaust. By adding more fuel to mix with the oxygen it gets burned. It worked for me since I didnt have anymore flames out my pipes. My tuner said this is a common trick for track bikes that typically throw flames.
post #10 of 21 Old 12-16-2008, 08:13 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by garth285 View Post
the dyno is the only way to go for accurate tuning, you cant accurately laptop tune it with out a dyno or wideband data logger.

as for the throwing flames its a lean pop not excess fuel being burnt and it is common in modded bike to add some fuel there.
There is a big difference between lean pop and shooting a flame out the exhaust. Lean pop will not cause you to shoot a flame at 0% throttle on decel. Remember we are talking decel 0% throttle here. The only thing that can cause that is the PAIR system and unburnt excessive fuel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in