?Question about Gi Pro? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-28-2008, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

?Question about Gi Pro?

Okay fellas, my bike is in the shop, and I had my Gi Pro installed, and when I asked the guy what he did with my Ivans TRE I already had on the bike, he said that he didn't have to take anything off, he said it just pluged right up. That's funny I know that its a TRE also, and I figured he would have to take the Ivans off. Am I missing something here? Can both be installed at the same time? Or is this shop just off the meter and doesn't know what they are doing?

Please let me know, cause now I'm worried. I just had alot of work done, and I'm sure I'm gonna pay out the a$$ for it too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-28-2008, 05:26 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawng2020 View Post
Okay fellas, my bike is in the shop, and I had my Gi Pro installed, and when I asked the guy what he did with my Ivans TRE I already had on the bike, he said that he didn't have to take anything off, he said it just pluged right up. That's funny I know that its a TRE also, and I figured he would have to take the Ivans off. Am I missing something here? Can both be installed at the same time? Or is this shop just off the meter and doesn't know what they are doing?

Please let me know, cause now I'm worried. I just had alot of work done, and I'm sure I'm gonna pay out the a$$ for it too.
You got jacked. They use the same 2 wires.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-29-2008, 02:04 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

This might be off the charts, but maybe, MAYBE, the mechanic installed the GIpro and the Ivan's TRE in series. Both use the same wire and I beleive, the same male/female connectors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-29-2008, 03:53 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

It would be worth the time to take your seat off and check it out. If he somehow was able to hook them both up, I'm thinking the gipro's different settings would no longer work.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-29-2008, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA10R View Post
It would be worth the time to take your seat off and check it out. If he somehow was able to hook them both up, I'm thinking the gipro's different settings would no longer work.
And that is what I'm worried about. I want everything to work like it's suppose to. I pick it up today, so we will see. I got some serious work done to it, Gi Pro, 16t front, speedohealer, and the mighty $84 race cam. I can't wait, and I hope they didn't [email protected]#k me over.

Damn I really need to learn how to work on this bike myself, but honestly I don't have the time.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-29-2008, 12:49 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Take your secondaries out and you wouldn't have to worry about the TRE at all :)
post #7 of 9 Old 02-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Learning to work on your bike is a great thing and you get a feeling of getting things done. But, to work on your bike you first need to now how the mechanical functions of the motorcycle's systems, limitations, what brakes them, how to maintain them, and how to fix them. If you don't have time to work on the bike, at least you will have the knowledge to argue with the mechs when they try to BS you.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-29-2008, 03:49 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Whenever my friends come by the house thinking I'm going to fix their bikes, I hand them the tools and walk them thru it. You really need to learn how your bike works. The one time you're out working on your bike and something happens, that tool kit in the trunk is gonna be worthless to you.
post #9 of 9 Old 03-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Shawng2020 - who did your work? SM2W / Cooper / KWS ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in