Purchased Ebay Wave Rotors from Brake Disc Factory - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 05-01-2011, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Purchased Ebay Wave Rotors from Brake Disc Factory

First of all I don't have my camera with me so I don't have any pics but when I get it back I will post them up but we all know what they look like. I wanted new rotors for a while now and to be honest there was nothing really wrong with my stock rotors but I try to save weight when and where I can. Also I have often read the wave rotors do improve side to side handling.

After reading all I could on the Ebay wave rotors I decided to go with Brake Disc Factory because their rotors were advertised as being 5.5 mm thick. My thinking was if these wore faster than Galfer, Braking rotors or even OEM they would at least last has long as OEM rotors because of the thickness. I know that depends on if the metal make up is the same as OEM. Anyway I ordered the black set and they were out of stock but the person told me the black ones would be ready in a week. I got a notice that they had shipped on the 18th of April and I recieved them on the 21st by Fedex. Not too bad considering they come from mainland China. The rotors were well packaged and they looked really good, not very much machine marks on them. The rotors weighed less than OEM by a noticable margin but I didn't weigh them. I used my cheap Frankford Arsenal calipers and measured all three rotors. The fronts measured 5.7 mm and the rear 5.1mm. Now these cheap calipers could be off but they have always come close enough for me when reloading.

Anyway I mounted them and started to bed the old pads. The old pads were almost new so I wasn't going to toss them if I could help it. The first thing I noticed was the initial bite. This seemed to be a little better with these rotors. The Carbone Lorraine pads are not known for strong initial bite but these rotors improved that. The side to side transition was definitly improved, I couldn't help but to smile. After doing about 10 55 MPH stops I got her up to 90 MPH, began to brake and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I did feel the ever so slight pulsating in the lever from about 15 MPH and down. As I got slower the pulsating progressed but when it became apparent I was already stopped. I wouldn't have noticed it at 15 MPH if I wasn't concentrating for it.

So far I am happy with the purchase and I will keep this thread updated every five hundred miles or so until I'm confident that these are at least as good as OEM. I mainly ride street but I have purchased two track days for August so I am curious how these wil do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Chickenstrip Eater

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to SUPER K
Price, pictures, and a link.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o45/josh10r/IMG_0144-1-1-1.jpg
Sent from your mom's IPhone using dirty fingers
post #3 of 19 Old 05-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTFAR-10 View Post
First of all I don't have my camera with me so I don't have any pics but when I get it back I will post them up but we all know what they look like. I wanted new rotors for a while now and to be honest there was nothing really wrong with my stock rotors but I try to save weight when and where I can. Also I have often read the wave rotors do improve side to side handling.

After reading all I could on the Ebay wave rotors I decided to go with Brake Disc Factory because their rotors were advertised as being 5.5 mm thick. My thinking was if these wore faster than Galfer, Braking rotors or even OEM they would at least last has long as OEM rotors because of the thickness. I know that depends on if the metal make up is the same as OEM. Anyway I ordered the black set and they were out of stock but the person told me the black ones would be ready in a week. I got a notice that they had shipped on the 18th of April and I recieved them on the 21st by Fedex. Not too bad considering they come from mainland China. The rotors were well packaged and they looked really good, not very much machine marks on them. The rotors weighed less than OEM by a noticable margin but I didn't weigh them. I used my cheap Frankford Arsenal calipers and measured all three rotors. The fronts measured 5.7 mm and the rear 5.1mm. Now these cheap calipers could be off but they have always come close enough for me when reloading.

Anyway I mounted them and started to bed the old pads. The old pads were almost new so I wasn't going to toss them if I could help it. The first thing I noticed was the initial bite. This seemed to be a little better with these rotors. The Carbone Lorraine pads are not known for strong initial bite but these rotors improved that. The side to side transition was definitly improved, I couldn't help but to smile. After doing about 10 55 MPH stops I got her up to 90 MPH, began to brake and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I did feel the ever so slight pulsating in the lever from about 15 MPH and down. As I got slower the pulsating progressed but when it became apparent I was already stopped. I wouldn't have noticed it at 15 MPH if I wasn't concentrating for it.

So far I am happy with the purchase and I will keep this thread updated every five hundred miles or so until I'm confident that these are at least as good as OEM. I mainly ride street but I have purchased two track days for August so I am curious how these wil do.
you ride a gsxr 1000 .. Sorry if i sound rude but uhh . how does a rotor review for a gsxr 1000 help us foks with a 10R .. Your bike and our bikes are not even close in the braking dept.

________________Grip It And Rip It_________________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 05-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Not a 10R, but still good info.
post #5 of 19 Old 05-02-2011, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo-Six View Post
you ride a gsxr 1000 .. Sorry if i sound rude but uhh . how does a rotor review for a gsxr 1000 help us foks with a 10R .. Your bike and our bikes are not even close in the braking dept.
Not taken you as rude but they sale rotors for most make of sportbikes...

I purchased front and rear rotors for 250.00 shipped
post #6 of 19 Old 05-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Chickenstrip Eater

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo-Six View Post
Yeah, our brakes are even worse

post #7 of 19 Old 05-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Chickenstrip Eater

Posting Frequency

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Front...Q5fAccessories

don't look all that bad...........

post #8 of 19 Old 05-02-2011, 09:08 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I have a pair on my 10 and can vouche for what he said. I do also feel the same pulsating under 15 mph but other than that they work great. Have been to the track with them and no complaints here. Definitely a good buy if you are looking for some inexpensive and an easy fix for the junk rotors that come with the bike.

"you live more in five minutes on a bike going flat out than most people live in a lifetime" Burt Munro
post #9 of 19 Old 05-03-2011, 12:02 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Not to really pick a fight or anything but what it exactly wrong with the stock rotors? Can someone explain to me how the stockers are junk? Its funny to watch people dog stock components when there's really no basis for it.

2005 ZX10R Track Bike With Way To Much Sh*t On It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #10 of 19 Old 05-03-2011, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I wouldn't go so far as saying stockers are junk but I like them over stock because they are lighter and help with side to side transitions. Other than that and the added bling factor I would say they have no advantage over stock....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in