Pulling out my hair - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-26-2006, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to !v@n Send a message via Yahoo to !v@n
Pulling out my hair

Please help me, my 10 is acting up. when i turn it on with the kick stand down and turn on the right blinker the bike turns off. i already replaced the kick stand switch. also the bike stays on when put into gear with the stand down. sometimes my turn signals wont work, or they will turn off when i pull the clutch in while riding. i dont know what the hell is going on. i've figured out that it's an electrical problem but what should i try. if anyone can give me some advice please help. my mechanic is pretty stumped as well. and i dont want to pay to have them take forever to figure it out $65 an hour can add up very quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Moved to this section:

Now, I don't like troubleshooting on the internet but try this and I will see if I can come up with somemore ideas. Disconnect the clutch lever switch(black 2 pin/wire connector at the handle bar) and start the bike, then see if you blinkers cause the shutdown still. It really looks like 2 different issues right now but want to make sure. So far I suspect the left handle bar Switch housing but the kick stand issue throughs in another wrench...still could be related though and this might help for a test.
post #3 of 11 Old 08-26-2006, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

thanks i will try this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-26-2006, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

it still turns off with the clutch switch disconnected
post #5 of 11 Old 08-26-2006, 11:53 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
it still turns off with the clutch switch disconnected
then it's looking more and more like a short or bad left housing switch. make sure you tried starting and shuting down with the kickstand down and up using the blinker controls...should not make a difference but if certain wires are touching it could...will look to see if I find something from the schematic tomorrow that could cause this
post #6 of 11 Old 08-27-2006, 12:14 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Dam dude, that shit sounds really F'uped............

But its probaly something real simple like a wire going to ground some where....

always is!.....
post #7 of 11 Old 09-01-2006, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Well after much thinking and trying to figure out what the hell was going on, i decided to just completely replace the main wiring harness to the bike. Now the bikes has no glitches, and it is running like a champ. The whole thing took me like three hours to replace, but I had spent a lot more just scratchin my head trying to figure out where to start. I also probably saved me some money because I know a mechanic would have charged me a lot just for him to try to figure it out. Thanks to those who offered me advice.
post #8 of 11 Old 09-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I Am Having Some Problems Myself. Do You Run A Power Commander, If So, Try Disconnecting It And See.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-04-2006, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

yeah i do have a power commander , but that wasn't the problem, i disconnected it and it was still acting up. after i changed the wiring harness it is all good even with the power comander.
post #10 of 11 Old 09-04-2006, 05:33 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Just To Let You Know. A Good Friend Of Mine Had To Have His Wiring Harness Replaced But It Sounds To Me That The Power Commander Could Have Been The Original Problem. You Never Know About This Electronic Stuff. By The Way Can You Tell Me You're Problem Symptoms Before You Replaced Wire Harness. My Bike Tops Out At 136 Mph (now). 4-5 Weeks Ago 181 Mph. I Think It Could Be Electrical, Too. In The Upper Rpms It Is Extremly Weak And Almost Feels Like It Boggs Down, It Struggles To Go Beyond 10,000 Rpm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in