PowerCommander map question - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-16-2010, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

PowerCommander map question

I have a 2006 10R with an HP slip on with an Arrow cat eliminator pipe with factory Ti head pipes. On the intake side a have a BMC filter as well as Ivan's block off plates.

I am currently using a custom map that was tuned for my bike when I had a full LeoVince system.

On the PowerCommander website they have a map for a European 10R with an HP slip on, cat eliminator, factory head pipes with aftermarket filter. Exactly what I have! But it says that O2 eliminators were used for the European model. I do not have O2 sensors so no need for the eliminators.

Do you think this map will work well with my bike even though I do not have O2 sensors and it was tuned on a European bike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-16-2010, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Any comments?
post #3 of 12 Old 01-16-2010, 01:12 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by edouble View Post
I have a 2006 10R with an HP slip on with an Arrow cat eliminator pipe with factory Ti head pipes. On the intake side a have a BMC filter as well as Ivan's block off plates.

I am currently using a custom map that was tuned for my bike when I had a full LeoVince system.

On the PowerCommander website they have a map for a European 10R with an HP slip on, cat eliminator, factory head pipes with aftermarket filter. Exactly what I have! But it says that O2 eliminators were used for the European model. I do not have O2 sensors so no need for the eliminators.

Do you think this map will work well with my bike even though I do not have O2 sensors and it was tuned on a European bike?
Euro bikes have different stock maps than US bikes. Although the aftermarket stuff you have is the same considering the Euro dyno tune was built on a different baseline it could be apples vs. oranges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 01-16-2010, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I was thinking the same
post #5 of 12 Old 01-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
Spend the 300 have it made for "YOUR" bike and post it on the site..Then again chk here on this site to see whats close to your set up..pc maps have their own thread here somewhere

Team green,Bleed green,RIDE GREEN!!

Brembo m/c,Nassert Beet,HEL lines,Pazzo levers,HID kit,custom monster paint scheme..Thanks to forum member horse for that..Woolich raceing kit,Elka rear shock and front fork pistons,Green samco coolant hose kit,Zero gravity dbbl smoked screen,520 conversion,attack rear sets,bmc race air filter,Monster zx6 front seat,moto graffix tank pad,feredo pads,galpher lite weight rear rotor.

Last edited by craig_sez; 01-24-2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: adding info
post #6 of 12 Old 02-04-2010, 03:54 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I am fortunate that a good friend of mine owns a dyno. We spent some time with my 04 ZX10 and tried several different "off-the-shelf" maps from teh powercommander website.
My bike has a muzzy slip-on, BMC air filter, secondaries removed, air injection blocked, and exhaust valve disabled. All stock otherwise.

We found that the PC map which was designated for an all stock bike (stock exhaust and stock air filter) gave us the best AFR (12.8:1) and the smoothest power curve.
The PC map which was designated for a slip-on and BMC filter was terrible. It yielded a very rich WOT AFR, and was way too lean at part throttle. The bike did not run as well with their recommended map.

Just some food for thought, and more reason to get a real dyno tune.
post #7 of 12 Old 02-04-2010, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns04ZX10R View Post
I am fortunate that a good friend of mine owns a dyno. We spent some time with my 04 ZX10 and tried several different "off-the-shelf" maps from teh powercommander website.
My bike has a muzzy slip-on, BMC air filter, secondaries removed, air injection blocked, and exhaust valve disabled. All stock otherwise.

We found that the PC map which was designated for an all stock bike (stock exhaust and stock air filter) gave us the best AFR (12.8:1) and the smoothest power curve.
The PC map which was designated for a slip-on and BMC filter was terrible. It yielded a very rich WOT AFR, and was way too lean at part throttle. The bike did not run as well with their recommended map.

Just some food for thought, and more reason to get a real dyno tune.
Interesting. I take it that he had a "sniffer" hooked up to your exhaust outlet or do you have O2 sensors?
post #8 of 12 Old 02-05-2010, 10:42 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Interesting. I take it that he had a "sniffer" hooked up to your exhaust outlet or do you have O2 sensors?
Yes the dyno is equipped with a wideband O2 sensor and tach sensor input so that it can measure HP, Torque, and AFR
post #9 of 12 Old 02-05-2010, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns04ZX10R View Post
Yes the dyno is equipped with a wideband O2 sensor and tach sensor input so that it can measure HP, Torque, and AFR
I would love to find a shop around here (Northern PA) that has that capability
post #10 of 12 Old 02-05-2010, 04:03 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Download a Powercommander.com map with similar mods as your bike that was based on a US import map table. You might find that it works pretty good for you. A strange thing happened on the way to the dyno....after putting exhaust systems on many four cylinder sport bikes and then trying to tune the PCs without a dyno (it was when the PCs first came out and we had no dyno access) we had to experiment with maps using what was available from Dyno Jet and some common sense adjustments. We found that reguardless of what name brand exhaust we were using the Akropovic map seemed to work best and that not only crossed over to different exhausts but also to different bike brands. One of the few exeptions was a GSXR 750 with a Muzzy pipe, it liked the Muzzy dedicated map.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in