Powercommander 5 and QEM. Help needed. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-15-2011, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Powercommander 5 and QEM. Help needed.

Hello.
Installed recently PCV and QEM. Problem is that the Quickshifter is not working at all. I tried solve the problem with updating everything: Latest software, firmware and quickshifter update utility. Nothing. No success.
Settings are right, switch type is right. At last i tried to connect the wires from shiftrod sensor directly to PCV connectors #4 and#5. That made the quickshifter able to work as if normal.
After that i tested for continuity the disconnected blue and green wires from QEM. There is continuity between the two blue wires, but not continuity between the green ones. I assume that the problem is in the QEM wiring.
Does anyone have a QEM on hand? I would like to know should there be continuity between the two blue and the two green wires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattus View Post
Hello.
Installed recently PCV and QEM. Problem is that the Quickshifter is not working at all. I tried solve the problem with updating everything: Latest software, firmware and quickshifter update utility. Nothing. No success.
Settings are right, switch type is right. At last i tried to connect the wires from shiftrod sensor directly to PCV connectors #4 and#5. That made the quickshifter able to work as if normal.
After that i tested for continuity the disconnected blue and green wires from QEM. There is continuity between the two blue wires, but not continuity between the green ones. I assume that the problem is in the QEM wiring.
Does anyone have a QEM on hand? I would like to know should there be continuity between the two blue and the two green wires.
do u have ur kill times set for each gear? mine wouldnt work bc i never set up my gear position on my power commander. i set my qs to one kill time for each gear and now it works fine.

Vance and Hines CSone/ Akra link pipe/ Power Commander V/ Dynojet Expansion Module/ Dynojet Quickshifter/ Healtech Xtre/ K&N filter/ 520 Kit -1 Front +1 Rear With EK Green Chain/ Zero Gravity Double Bubble/ Greggs Mirror Block Plates with Signals/ CRG Bar End Mirror/ SS Fender Eliminator/ 6000k Bulbs/ Led Running Lights
post #3 of 3 Old 05-16-2011, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I didnīt set gearposition input to PCV. Instead, selected "single time" at settings. No gear dependent. Also did set killtime at 70ms, QS operating rpm above 1000, so i could hear if there is cutouts when running the bike on paddockstand and doing upshifts.
As i told previously, there is cutouts when the QEM is disconnected and the shiftrodsensors wires are connected to PCV.
Is the problem in the QEM, dunno.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in