Power Commnader Software Values? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-23-2007, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Power Commnader Software Values?

How much fuel (- or +) does each point indicate on the PCIII software indicate? Is it a percentage measurement or what? I see numbers on your average map all the way from -20 to + 20, I find it hard to believe that you are taking out as much as 20% or adding 20% at any given rev or throttle %.

The reason I ask this is I took a standard evoII map and ran it for a week, bike seemed to be running a little rich, but the powerband felt fine, no holes or anything, but I was getting a little more black smoke and strong fuel smell coming from the muffler than I would like to see. So I took the Standard map and changed it by -2 across the board, every value, even the ones that were 0 I took 2 points off of. I have only rode the bike to work since then, and it seems to be running better actually, not as much popping on decel and the smoke looks to have went away, you can still smell a little fuel smell but it seems better.

I know dyno tuning is the only way to get your bike tuned proper or even a wide band would be a great help, but this is all I got for now, so tell me anyone, how much fuel did I actually take out across the board, leaning out the map 2 points across the board?

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

It is meant to be a percentage. I don't know how accurate it is.

You're not the first to find that a lot of those "standard" maps are way too rich at part load.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in