power commander maps - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 01-14-2010, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

power commander maps

ive got an 08 zx10. hotbodies mgp with an akro midpipe. i just got a power commander. is there any one out there that has a similar set up and has suggestions for which provided map is the best. i would get it dyno'd but it is way to $$$$
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-14-2010, 11:09 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Does this mean you have a full exhaust sytem or a slip on muffler with a midpipe that eliminates the cataytic conv. Go to Power Commander.com click on the map section (with your year and model bike & your type P. C.) and see if you can find an equivalent exhaust set-up. Their downloadable maps often offer a good starting point for mapping. I've done this on many bikes with different exhaust configurations with pretty good starting point results.
post #3 of 15 Old 01-14-2010, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

ive downloaded the maps and installed it. i used to be able to hit 110 coming out of 1st when im really hauling. and now its down around 90 i was just wondering if anyone has used a certain map that is optimal for this set up

mgp slip on, akro mid pipe that eliminates the cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 01-14-2010, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

i have a map uploaded but im not sure if that is the best one i could use. im looking to see if any one has a similar set up and what their mapping is
post #5 of 15 Old 01-22-2010, 09:40 PM

Posting Frequency

i have the hotbodies MGP slip on with the stocker boom box still attached, i was thinking of getting a power commander V as well but was just wondering if it would even be beneficial, or should i just get the two brothers racing juicebox what would you guys do? I dont want to have to stick the 10 on a dyno either. I am sure i will be doing more exhuast modifications in the future when money permits (i mean when my wife permits) Dyno jet doesnt even have a map for a hotbodies MGP so i wouldnt even know where to start.
post #6 of 15 Old 01-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0t0 GP View Post
ive downloaded the maps and installed it. i used to be able to hit 110 coming out of 1st when im really hauling. and now its down around 90 i was just wondering if anyone has used a certain map that is optimal for this set up

mgp slip on, akro mid pipe that eliminates the cat
The cat is in the collector, If you didn't replace the header... the cat is still there.
post #7 of 15 Old 01-22-2010, 10:21 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENninja10R View Post
i have the hotbodies MGP slip on with the stocker boom box still attached, i was thinking of getting a power commander V as well but was just wondering if it would even be beneficial, or should i just get the two brothers racing juicebox what would you guys do? I dont want to have to stick the 10 on a dyno either. I am sure i will be doing more exhuast modifications in the future when money permits (i mean when my wife permits) Dyno jet doesnt even have a map for a hotbodies MGP so i wouldnt even know where to start.
The first thing i would do is save up for a real exhaust system, because that Hotbodies MGP is nothing but a bling, bling piece of crap that produces no power at all. Check Ebay and craigslist. You can get some pretty good deals there.
post #8 of 15 Old 01-22-2010, 10:40 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhawk View Post
The first thing i would do is save up for a real exhaust system, because that Hotbodies MGP is nothing but a bling, bling piece of crap that produces no power at all. Check Ebay and craigslist. You can get some pretty good deals there.
Ya thats a thought if you have all kinds of money to blow. Personaly i think it sounds better and i havn't had any problems with it. Opinions are opinions i guess.
post #9 of 15 Old 01-23-2010, 11:55 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Slipons are for making noise, and it is normal to have a loss in power. With the right setup you could stay even or maybe gain 1 or 2 hp, but again most will be negative.

If you want a little more power you need a full system. If you are only interested in noise a slipon will do.
post #10 of 15 Old 01-23-2010, 01:11 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN10R View Post
Slipons are for making noise, and it is normal to have a loss in power. With the right setup you could stay even or maybe gain 1 or 2 hp, but again most will be negative.

If you want a little more power you need a full system. If you are only interested in noise a slipon will do.
Well i guess what im trying to ask is, will a power commander or a juicebox compensate for that? i havn't really noticed any power decrease though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
akropovik, exhaust, power commander pc3, zx10r 08

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in