Power Commander III - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-08-2007, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Power Commander III

Can someone explain the ins and outs of fine tuning the Power Commander as in enrichening and leanin out the map. I wanted to make a few adjustments but I wanted to know is there a feature that will not allow you to say lean it out too much? What is the safest way to make the adjustments?

Euro lights, Zero Gravity DB,Micron High Mount Slip,Power Commander w/ Ignition Module,TRE, Ivan Block Off Plates,Geelong CarbonTank Shield,Rev Light Led,Scotts Damper,Pit Bull Spools, Yoyodyne Sliders,Gilles Rearsets,Pazzo Levers,Speedohealer, 16t CS,Powerbronze Hugger,Factory Pro Velocity Stacks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-08-2007, 11:22 AM

Posting Frequency

dyno w/ AF readings.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm getting ready to install my PC3 soon. Got Dyno time lined up next week.
If you can't dyno, then use the provided maps, one will prolly fit your set up. If you don't like the results, try another.

Smoke'em if u got'em (tires)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-09-2007, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I already have a map that Ivan installed into the pc but I was looking at the map and wanted to lean it out in certain areas without doing any harm. Ivan's lshop is at a higher elevation then where I live I wanted to see if there was any tweeks to the map because of it. I don't want to spend more money on a custom map if there is nothing to be gained. Just asking how you can use the settings on the Power Commander. Any one who can expalin how to make small adjustments to the PC?

Euro lights, Zero Gravity DB,Micron High Mount Slip,Power Commander w/ Ignition Module,TRE, Ivan Block Off Plates,Geelong CarbonTank Shield,Rev Light Led,Scotts Damper,Pit Bull Spools, Yoyodyne Sliders,Gilles Rearsets,Pazzo Levers,Speedohealer, 16t CS,Powerbronze Hugger,Factory Pro Velocity Stacks.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

If you hold the 3 bottons on the PC then start the bike you can got throught and adjust the fuel in each power section.It gives you each rpm range 0-3000,3000-6000,and 6000+. I leaned out the first 6k rpms for better gas milage during rides but it can easly change it back by just re-doing the 3 botton thing. Im pretty sure it still uses the same map that is loaded too. If you need more info you can try and read the instructions( Who really reads those things anyways?)
post #6 of 10 Old 05-09-2007, 07:41 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zixxer View Post
I already have a map that Ivan installed into the pc but I was looking at the map and wanted to lean it out in certain areas without doing any harm. Ivan's lshop is at a higher elevation then where I live I wanted to see if there was any tweeks to the map because of it. I don't want to spend more money on a custom map if there is nothing to be gained. Just asking how you can use the settings on the Power Commander. Any one who can expalin how to make small adjustments to the PC?
whats the difference in elevation...becareful with your adjustments...without a dyno you might end up chasing your tail all day without making it any better...good luck...
post #7 of 10 Old 05-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

If Ivan is at a higher elevation, you'll want to fatten (rich) it up, not lean it out. There is less air at higher elevations which requires less fuel to run properly.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-09-2007, 08:22 PM

Posting Frequency

Plug your PCIII into a computer. Click upload map.....observe the grid that shows up and increase the number in the throttle % and rpm areas you desire. Larger number richer, smaller...leaner.
post #9 of 10 Old 07-06-2007, 07:02 PM

Posting Frequency

Don't forget that the bike has to be running or the 9v battery has to be connected to the PCIII before the PC will "see" the PCIII :)
post #10 of 10 Old 07-08-2007, 12:27 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Pc Iii

Help

I loaded I think the map on dynojet : Akrapovic race system with K&N air filter.

The first set of butterfly put out because they're just there to make restriction AWY.

So the Mofo run too rich at lower RPM balck smoke.

Another thing who don't go right it's the (TPS I think not sure) The little motor who open the fist set of butterfly who don't do it's job properly, that's why i put out the first set of butterfly The thing don't open it completely.

So what's the 3 button thing ?????
I pushed it all in the same time, need a computer hooked to the PC III doing that ???

After i pushed the 3 button could I make some adjustement manually ???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in