Power Commander or Bazzaz Fuel controler? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
View Poll Results: What fuel controler should I get for my 08 10R with Evo?
Power Commander 48 48.48%
Bazzaz 39 39.39%
Kawasaki Race ECU 10 10.10%
Other? 2 2.02%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 96 Old 08-19-2008, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Power Commander or Bazzaz Fuel controler?

So there are a few options... I dont have any experience with any of them. What should I put on my 08 10R to dial in the Evo system I just installed? Both have programs available for the Akra system, until I can have a shop tune it on a dyno. So what do you think?

Power Commander?

Bazzaz?

Other?

Waiting for the 2011 ZX10R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 96 Old 08-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Well im not gona vote. I have experience with both the kit ECU and PC III. IMHO Kit ECU is the way to go, more options and adjustment IF AND ONLY IF (and I stress this) you can find someone who knows how to tune it and tune it right (and by that I mean INTIMATE knowledege). Power commander is great cause almost anyone can tune it with a decent amount of knowledge. As far as a BAZZAZ well......... I just dont know. Im old school IMHO and nothing can replace a great hands on tuner, but thats just my 2 cents, if it were me strictly for street riding Power commander would be the choice, but thats a blind choice without really experiencing the BAZZAZ.
post #3 of 96 Old 08-19-2008, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah, I would be concerned trying to find the right person to tune the kit ECU, with the power commander, I can even do it myself or try different programs myself. Its probably more between the Bazzaz and PCIII. Is the Bazzaz just as easy to use?

Waiting for the 2011 ZX10R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 96 Old 08-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by morefire View Post
Yeah, I would be concerned trying to find the right person to tune the kit ECU, with the power commander, I can even do it myself or try different programs myself. Its probably more between the Bazzaz and PCIII. Is the Bazzaz just as easy to use?
I wish I could tell you, but I have no experience with the BAZZAZ, I would think that a tuner would be more reliable than a "automated program" would. I think that a tuner could squeeze out a few more HP or make your AFR a little bit closer but like I said I have no experience with the Bazzaz so I really cant speak on its part.
post #5 of 96 Old 08-19-2008, 11:43 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to djblacksuperman Send a message via MSN to djblacksuperman Send a message via Yahoo to djblacksuperman
power commander

post #6 of 96 Old 08-19-2008, 11:49 PM

Posting Frequency

I have a PCIII and love it (after the custom map). However, I met a guy with the Bazzaz on both his 6 and 10, and he loves it. He has the traction control and says that it works great. If I had it to do over, I would give the Bazzaz a try.

Good Luck, Steve
post #7 of 96 Old 08-19-2008, 11:55 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

After reading about it in another thread, I would go with the Motty AFR tuner. For just plain tuning a bike, the Motty really looks like the best deal out there for the price considering it does on the fly tuning while you ride tuning. Its priced between the Bazzaz (higher end) and the Power Commander (lower end).

The Bazzaz does have AFR capabilities but that is an additional part you have to purchase while its included with the Motty. The PCIII has the capability to log AFR readings with add on equipment which adds to the overall price. You do have to purchase the lambda sensor for the Motty but that is an $80 part from any local auto parts store.

The only real drawbacks to the Motty unit is you can only get them from the manufacturer (that I have found so far) which is located in Hungary and the install requires splicing into the wiring harness so install is more difficult.

Bazzaz does have available traction control which neither of the other 2 have but again that adds significantly to the price and I am trying to compare the tuner aspects only. Apples to apples so to say.

Motty - http://www.afrtuner.com/
post #8 of 96 Old 08-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sike View Post
I have a PCIII and love it (after the custom map). However, I met a guy with the Bazzaz on both his 6 and 10, and he loves it. He has the traction control and says that it works great. If I had it to do over, I would give the Bazzaz a try.

Good Luck, Steve
I would too, but at the price of a Power Commander and custom tune VS. the price of a Bazzaz and the automatic tuner they are about equal. I would be curious to see some cold hard proof (dyno results) what could pull more power, for the exact same setup . Im not down playing the Bazzaz by any means, its got the market almost cornered on such a novel idea but dollar for dollar who would pull more??

EDIT: Im not simply talking about HP, but in todays economy MPG is a very vital part as well. A great AFR would have to come into play here IMO, for the all around best tune.
post #9 of 96 Old 08-20-2008, 01:35 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

got bazzaz on both my track and street 08 10's and no problems, really easy to tune with and had great results

No chicken strips sold here......
post #10 of 96 Old 08-20-2008, 02:01 AM
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to hesaves0211
if your just running street, go with a pc3. its the most affordable because the best option being the baz will cost a good $1500 after everything is said and done. get all your mods that impact a/f out of the way such as "removing the secondaries", pulling the ais, bmc air filter and so-on, then schedule a custom tune. that brings the total of your pc3+tune to an estimated $600.

1ST GEN-10R 234hp/[email protected], GT2871RS, cometic gasket, tial bov/ex wastegate, BEGI FMU, WALBRO fuel pump,falicon clutch basket,race pak clutch,200/50 pilot,yana-shiki levers,.net wristband, WEGO III,PC3,GPR damper,cbr cals/Galfer SS brake lines,gp shift,1/5 throttle, 2NDARIES REMOVED <<click for how-to, *R.I.P D.J 10 Apr 04*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in