Power Commander ??? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-23-2007, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Power Commander ???

The three buttons on the face of it...I want to up the fuel one notch on it. I know I hold down all 3 buttons, turn on bike and let go. I tap the high button and it goes up one notch. I let it sit there for a sec or so and it drops to running position. I shut off the bike and hold the buttons down again, but instead if it being up the one notch....it's back on 0 or in the middle...where it was before I did the last change. Do I have to do something to lock in the +1 notch on the fuel??

-1 front....+1 back, speedohealed*
Akrapovic carbon bolt-ons
Gutted Cat Converter
No secondaries
Ivans TRE
PCIII usb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I could no tget it to work either. Just get a laptop and it is a breeze. You can change fuel ratio at all RPM ranges.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

2006 ZX10R (Black)
post #3 of 10 Old 05-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad10r View Post
The three buttons on the face of it...I want to up the fuel one notch on it. I know I hold down all 3 buttons, turn on bike and let go. I tap the high button and it goes up one notch. I let it sit there for a sec or so and it drops to running position. I shut off the bike and hold the buttons down again, but instead if it being up the one notch....it's back on 0 or in the middle...where it was before I did the last change. Do I have to do something to lock in the +1 notch on the fuel??
Let me ask a question, after power commander install bike runs alot smoother. My only problem is it is harder to crank, takes about 3-4 times to start. After warm up it is great. Do you have the same problem? If so, have you fixed it? DOn't want to fool around to much with map, don't want to pay for dyno right now, until I get full system on. Peace

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

2006 ZX10R (Black)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-23-2007, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackisfaster View Post
Let me ask a question, after power commander install bike runs alot smoother. My only problem is it is harder to crank, takes about 3-4 times to start. After warm up it is great. Do you have the same problem? If so, have you fixed it? DOn't want to fool around to much with map, don't want to pay for dyno right now, until I get full system on. Peace
Someone else on here asked me about the way my bike starts. There was no difference for me with or w/out the PC. Starts quick as it did new.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Someone else on here asked me about the way my bike starts. There was no difference for me with or w/out the PC. Starts quick as it did new.
Thanks, maybe because I have no mod's. My bike is stock. I am going to reload map. I am using the pre-programmed one. It is for stock. Peace. Get a laptop to address your issue. Sounds like you know what you are doing.

2006 ZX10R (Black)
post #6 of 10 Old 05-23-2007, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

No...I have a custom map in my PC....I just want to increase the fuel a lil bit, so what I need to do is done with the buttons on the PC, nothing to do with the map at all.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
No...I have a custom map in my PC....I just want to increase the fuel a lil bit, so what I need to do is done with the buttons on the PC, nothing to do with the map at all.

You can adjust at 0 RPM with control center and laptop. I just tried the three button and it worked. I held the three buttons down and plugged in 9Volt battery, went to zero position plus one. I pushed the low button and it went up by one notch, I then held down continuously and it went down. I then waited a couple seconds and it programmed the new setings. It will drop down to the bottom when completed. Hope this helps. By the by, I uploaded the -001 stock map and bike starts like it did before PCIII install. I also went up one notch from zero on the low side. Peace

2006 ZX10R (Black)
post #8 of 10 Old 05-23-2007, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

So if I want to increase mid...I hold down all 3, start bike, release, tap mid, then tap high to increase or low to decrease.....and the same for the other ranges?
post #9 of 10 Old 05-23-2007, 01:35 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackisfaster View Post
I have the same issue with the first cold start of the day. I have the PC3 w bolt on Akros and Ivan's map. Maybe it is too rich or too lean off idle?
________
MARIJUANA MEDICAL

Last edited by ninja44; 04-21-2011 at 02:15 AM.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
My bike has an idle fluttering,its not steady...been thinkin that i should up all the numbers by one(from 0 rpm to 1200 rpm)any opions??

Team green,Bleed green,RIDE GREEN!!

Brembo m/c,Nassert Beet,HEL lines,Pazzo levers,HID kit,custom monster paint scheme..Thanks to forum member horse for that..Woolich raceing kit,Elka rear shock and front fork pistons,Green samco coolant hose kit,Zero gravity dbbl smoked screen,520 conversion,attack rear sets,bmc race air filter,Monster zx6 front seat,moto graffix tank pad,feredo pads,galpher lite weight rear rotor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in