Pillion passengers - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-02-2006, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Pillion passengers

Any of you guys take pillion passengers? Only do it about six of times a year when I go to watch the BSB and WSB, is it worth changing your preload? They are about 50kg or 100lbs.

Cheers

Stalker

Stuck it in performance and tech as about suspension settings, feel free to move it though!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-02-2006, 09:17 AM

Posting Frequency

I do it so rarely that I never change my settings, I dont do any aggressive riding with the passenger on. I will lighten up my damper up front though.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-02-2006, 09:48 AM

Posting Frequency

Ah... I don't screw with my pre-load at all. Just air up your rear tire to the factory spec (i.e. 42 psi). My gf weighs about 140lbs + 15lbs of gear. That makes 155lbs extra on the back. No problem at all! Bike corners like a champ. Just ask your pilon to either be stuck to your back or move her helmet over your shoulder in the direction you are turning. That helps tremendously! Your 100lbs pilon will be unnoticed :)

-nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-02-2006, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Cheers for the info, took her on my old ZX6R for a few years and she has learnt about not moving around on the corners now

Think the first run with her on the ZX10 will be fun
post #5 of 8 Old 05-02-2006, 11:30 AM

Posting Frequency

Hey, mine is from Northern Ireland :) She loves the 10 more than she loved my Triumph Speed Triple :)

-Nick
post #6 of 8 Old 05-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

The 10 is different than the zx6r. I had a 00 6r and would ride all day with my wife on the back. I don't like riding around the block with her on the 10. The passenger sits so much higher than you that the bike turns in ALOT faster. Just an FYI.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-02-2006, 12:13 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I ride with my girl on the back. It is very different. The bike turns quick, but she is uncomfortable on it so I don't have to ride with her to much. If you have someone on the back I hope you just plan on crusing around..
post #8 of 8 Old 05-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

My wife doesn't like riding on the back of the 10 either.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in