Gen 5: 2016- Performance upgrade - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 Old 02-01-2019, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the comments it helps, I will probably go with both because I want to have options in the future!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 02-01-2019, 07:09 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

let me correct you guys, if the guy that flashes you with woolich, and gives you the password,or simply does not put one on the tune, you can tune the ECU in the dyno..

here there are guys that do nice work tunning... and all the dyno I have done on the gen5, is 10% work on fuel, and 90% on ETVs. this bikes come pretty much good on fuel.

I never recomend piggy backs (PCV or bazzaz).
Neonmarine likes this.
post #13 of 18 Old 02-01-2019, 08:53 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I never can understand why a flash is recommended with a PCV for fine tuning or even further tuning vs buy Woolich kit get it with autotune and have the ability to do it yourself. I mean Woolich offers so much more in flexibility and options for now and the future.

On my Gen 4 I can triple map.

If you're going to fine tune with a PCV you're going to need a wideband and some kind of data logging or their AT. PCV AT does great in the mid to high TPS settings, but is garbage in the lower loads.

Show me a person with a tuned afr at idle/low loads with a PCV AT and I'll show you a bike with a shitty tune as the weather changes and bike temperature changes.

Finally, what is the difference between a track tune and a street tune? How would different people/shops tune for this? Other than rider preference in ETV settings(most likely track specific as well and not something most people even would notice)no shop or person could generically do for the masses, what is the difference between them?

2011 ZX10R
2012 FZ6R
2012 TU250X
2013 ZX6R
2017 GSX-R1000R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 Old 02-01-2019, 11:38 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by realpsi View Post
Finally, what is the difference between a track tune and a street tune? How would different people/shops tune for this? Other than rider preference in ETV settings(most likely track specific as well and not something most people even would notice)no shop or person could generically do for the masses, what is the difference between them?
As long as you have a big enough pool of data, from multiple tracks, you could fit large group of track riders. SBU's track based flash tune is built off probably hundreds of hours at tracks across the country. With enough splicing and followup testing I'm sure they were able to put something really good together that can meet the needs of the avg track day junkie (they're at least comfortable enough to sell and charge hundreds of dollars for what they've got).
I would think a street tune is more based on straight line dragy/gps data for the ideal 'street racing' scenario lol

When in doubt... send it!

Last edited by ddipaola; 02-01-2019 at 11:41 PM.
post #15 of 18 Old 02-02-2019, 12:11 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddipaola View Post
As long as you have a big enough pool of data, from multiple tracks, you could fit large group of track riders. SBU's track based flash tune is built off probably hundreds of hours at tracks across the country. With enough splicing and followup testing I'm sure they were able to put something really good together that can meet the needs of the avg track day junkie (they're at least comfortable enough to sell and charge hundreds of dollars for what they've got).
I would think a street tune is more based on straight line dragy/gps data for the ideal 'street racing' scenario lol
You know that if you don't know anything about this subject, you can just type i don't know.
bun1t, realpsi and rcannon like this.
post #16 of 18 Old 02-02-2019, 06:04 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Here would be my differences in tunes. For most people nothing. Max horsepower and best driveability tune or settings are the same regardless of location within a geographic location. I don't want to get into altitudes, atmospheric pressures, humidity, or the fact none of the ECUs truly measure the air mass coming in and are always providing the best guess at fueling. For most people on most days, this is insignificant.

If I was tuning for something where there would be extended time at WOT in 6th gear then I would add fuel up top and might pull a little timing very high in the rpms.
Neonmarine likes this.

2011 ZX10R
2012 FZ6R
2012 TU250X
2013 ZX6R
2017 GSX-R1000R
post #17 of 18 Old 02-02-2019, 10:54 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
@real psi

My track tune has a bit of ignition retard and runs on the rich side when pumping C12 and nitrous (drag strip).

My street tune is pump gas with a very crispy ignition. Not scaled at all for gogo juice, and a big bump in the + on 0% throttle to keep the popping down on decel (doughnut munchers are real bitches about loud pipes here in Edmonton).

I've wanted to go down the woolich road for some time but my place of employment has all dynojet brand stuff including software, dyno, and product. Anything else would be an uphill battle. I do like the package deal with woolich though and it sounds like they run a tight ship over there. Just a matter of time before I get to try one of those.
ddipaola likes this.
post #18 of 18 Old 02-02-2019, 05:46 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by threecs774 View Post
I recently bought a Brocks performance predator 3/4 exhaust and want to do more, they recommend a ECU flash with a power comander v. Is it worth it getting both or am I wasting money?
Why would you do both? A flash is all you need. Brocks should be able to supply a flash that works properly with their exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Neonmarine likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in