Performance mods, any ideas? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-05-2007, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Performance mods, any ideas?

Hi Guys

Have been reading this forum for a while now and it has finally come time to make my first post.

Long story short my bike (ZX10R Ti 05) is going in for warranty repairs for a porous casting coolant leak behind # 1 cyclinder. They will be replacing the lower block, so the engine is coming out. Thankfully its all approved and covered by kawasaki.

My local dealer is happy for me to get some extra work done to the engine while it is out.

Now.... what I had planned already was for a racing head gasket and a cam degree change to 107/104. I can also get hold of a Kawi Racing intake cam, will this be worth to do as well, I still want the bike to be streetable. In some previous posts i read i got the feeling that its a mixed review with this cam.

I am also saving to put in a full exhaust and power commander which should happen around same time.

Another question is with the exhaust, I like the Akra's as I have a slip on at moment, but their full exhaust price is a bit crazy compared to other brands. Others I am looking at are Muzzy, Hindle, and Yoshi. Im trying to keep it cheap so they all will be SS headers. I dont mind getting the Akra if its worth it but if all the others do the same thing and its just one of those pay big for the designer brand then I will get something else. Any suggestions here would be appreciated. I mainly interested in performance dont really care about bling factor.

Also is it worth getting +4 ignition advance. We have very good fuel here and I can put in 98 Ron or even 100 Ron if I need to, but if im starting to push the limits of engine longevity im not interested.

If anyone else has any ideas or suggestions on the above or anything else i could to do while i have the engine out please let me know.

Sorry for the essay guys.

Thanks
Rizzo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Green Hippie

Posting Frequency

are you racing the bike or just street ridin'

VAE VICTUS!

RIP James R Patterson 6/3/30-5/26/09
post #3 of 3 Old 06-05-2007, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Oops, the bike is for the street, im not racing the bike, just doing track days and mountain riding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in