Penske guys... ??? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 01-04-2009, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Penske guys... ???

Ok so i installed the 8983 i purchased from green_zx after the rebuild. My question;

The spacer that kawasaki places on the 06-07 is different than the 04-05, so should i have the eye loop all the way in?

Is there a raise in ride height just by swapping the shock?

i havent set it up yet which i will tomorrow, i wanted to raise the rear another 5mm but if the shock is longer that means it wouldnt be smart to.

"Bs stops when the green flag drops"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-04-2009, 08:11 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigprfed22 View Post
Ok so i installed the 8983 i purchased from green_zx after the rebuild. My question;

The spacer that kawasaki places on the 06-07 is different than the 04-05, so should i have the eye loop all the way in?

Is there a raise in ride height just by swapping the shock?

i havent set it up yet which i will tomorrow, i wanted to raise the rear another 5mm but if the shock is longer that means it wouldnt be smart to.

I dont understand your first question but im sure you wont have any problems mounting that shock as long as you have the two bushings that come with the shock. The shock has an adjustment on it so you can set it to whatever height you like.

Marchesini Magnesiums,Nassert beet,kawi cam,.45 headgasket,DJ PC/Ig.M/QS,velocity stacks,bmc race,gipro,sato rearsets,helibars,throttlemeisters,pazzo shorties,speedohealer,520 renthal sprockets,penske 8393 double clicker,traxxion dynamic springs,scotts stabilizer,lsl frame sliders,cox radiator guard,powerbronze hugger,puig DB,solo seat cover,Valentine1,dual low beam projectors,55w.hids, brembo superbike rotors,Goodridge superbike lines,nissin calipers and rizoma mirrors,mda123 battery.
post #3 of 15 Old 01-04-2009, 08:25 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Do you just need the eye to eye measurement for a 06-07 stock shock for referance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 01-04-2009, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt ninja View Post
I dont understand your first question but im sure you wont have any problems mounting that shock as long as you have the two bushings that come with the shock. The shock has an adjustment on it so you can set it to whatever height you like.
the penske is longer than the factory at its shortest setting, the factory mount has a 6mm spacer that i think can be removed. The removal of the spacer vs. running it at its shortest is what im inquiring about.

post #5 of 15 Old 01-04-2009, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman69 View Post
Do you just need the eye to eye measurement for a 06-07 stock shock for referance?
if you have it, regardless i am going to do it tomorrow but i would like to crunch some numbers out regarding the spacer and how much i should adjust to make up a 5mm increase over stock, you think 10mm increase overall would be too much? i love a bike that slams turn in but i dont want too have it to weighed down up front.

Last edited by Bigprfed22; 01-05-2009 at 01:25 PM.
post #6 of 15 Old 01-05-2009, 06:23 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

That penske shock should not be longer longer than a stock shock period considering the model# you provided. It is full adjustable length wise so you should have no problems what so ever. There for there is no need to take out the stock 5mm spacer kawi put on the bikes. Trust me as i know what im talking about. Heres a link to show you the specs.
http://www.sportbikesolutions.com/pe...ts_id-1245.htm

Marchesini Magnesiums,Nassert beet,kawi cam,.45 headgasket,DJ PC/Ig.M/QS,velocity stacks,bmc race,gipro,sato rearsets,helibars,throttlemeisters,pazzo shorties,speedohealer,520 renthal sprockets,penske 8393 double clicker,traxxion dynamic springs,scotts stabilizer,lsl frame sliders,cox radiator guard,powerbronze hugger,puig DB,solo seat cover,Valentine1,dual low beam projectors,55w.hids, brembo superbike rotors,Goodridge superbike lines,nissin calipers and rizoma mirrors,mda123 battery.
post #7 of 15 Old 01-05-2009, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
That penske shock should not be longer longer than a stock shock period considering the model# you provided. It is full adjustable length wise so you should have no problems what so ever. There for there is no need to take out the stock 5mm spacer kawi put on the bikes. Trust me as i know what im talking about. Heres a link to show you the specs.
http://www.sportbikesolutions.com/pe...ts_id-1245.htm
Not arguing but where does it say anything about stock length?

post #8 of 15 Old 01-05-2009, 12:59 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Fred if you click on the link it will say that your specific shock will fit zx10s. I have had a second gen shock,third gen shock and a penske shock on my bike now and know that they are the same size and will fit with no problems. Im telling you that it will work out for you so no need to fret it.

post #9 of 15 Old 01-05-2009, 01:05 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

stock shock length is about 13 1/4 eye to eye. glad i could help.

post #10 of 15 Old 01-05-2009, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Fred if you click on the link it will say that your specific shock will fit zx10s. I have had a second gen shock,third gen shock and a penske shock on my bike now and know that they are the same size and will fit with no problems. Im telling you that it will work out for you so no need to fret it.
I think you are miss understanding me, i know it fits i have one on the bike now. I am comparing their(penske 8983 shock) length compared to the factory shock length.

Incase one is longer by a few mm, i dont to increase the ride height by 5mm if it is already increased by 6mm get what i mean.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in