Gen 4: 2011-2015 PCV and custom tune after flash? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-24-2015, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Formerly "bms"

Posting Frequency

PCV and custom tune after flash?

Was wondering what kind of performance to expect if I were to add a PCV and a tune to my bike. I know it won't be much hp increase and not to worried about that but the overall feel of the bike. I'm currently running a graves slip on and archers aggressive flash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-24-2015, 02:39 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

If the modifications match the flash, you won't need any further fueling adjustments. If you have things that are different, or switch things out, you will need fueling adjustments.

If the flash you're using, is not for your exact set up, then you should go to a dyno, get a baseline, see how far off it is, and then determine if it's worth the extra $500 it'll cost you for a programmer and dyno tune to fix it.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-24-2015, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Formerly "bms"

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
If the modifications match the flash, you won't need any further fueling adjustments. If you have things that are different, or switch things out, you will need fueling adjustments.

If the flash you're using, is not for your exact set up, then you should go to a dyno, get a baseline, see how far off it is, and then determine if it's worth the extra $500 it'll cost you for a programmer and dyno tune to fix it.
My current flash is for a m4 shorty exhaust. So it's almost similar to the graves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-24-2015, 03:19 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Not much. But if you have a mail-in flash, it's not perfect for your setup. They never are as each bike is different. If you want the tune 100% for you and be able to make changes after the fact, then you'll need a DIY flash kit or a PCV.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #5 of 5 Old 02-24-2015, 04:12 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

You can expect around 3-5HP extra on top of what the flash does for you. That's the running average people report back to me after they have it tuned additionally.

You can't get a bike 100% dialed in on any mail in ECU flash service. A lot of them are very good, but ultimately there is likely to be some power gained by tailoring the AFR curve to your bike specifically.

That's why I tell people to at least take the bike in and have it ran across the dyno to monitor the AFR after the flash. Most shops will do this for $50-75. Then, based on the runs you and the tuner can make a sound decision on whether additional tuning is needed and what benefit you'd get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in