PCIII (Just Venting) - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old 03-18-2008, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

PCIII (Just Venting)

I spend loads of money on my pride and joy as do most of us. Two of the things I buy are the PCIII USB and the Ignition module. I go to dynojet website to find a map. They currently do not post maps for Intake cams, head gaskets, removed cat, secondary throttle plates and whatever else you might have. They do however have the exhaust and air filter. I am told to seek out a dynojet authorized tuner. Ok, one problem. The closest one is about 400-500 miles away. Ok so maybe I can find some tuner who can run my bike on a dyno and make a custom map for me. Well they are also 400-500 miles away. Ive already spent about 3000 bucks on my bike. The custom map will cost about 250-300 right. Now I have to borrow someone elses truck to cart my bike 400-500 miles just to have a map made. Trucks get about 16-18 mpg. Thats about 100 bucks one way. The hotel room 100 more dollars. food. 35-50. Ok so now I am up to 600-700 just to have a custom map made. May be I should have research this PCIII USB a little more..... I might have told them to kiss my A**. ........Sorry if I have offended anyone. Im just a little fustrated. I either have to uninstall the combo or run it with some map that may not meet the needs of my bike. Possibly blow it or fill it up with fuel. Thanks for a place to vent. Sorry if it doesn't belong here either. PS. This doesn't change my opinion of my bike. Kawis rule
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 03-18-2008, 08:47 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

there are lots of places that tune a pc111...just looks around...the web site just shows the "certified" tuners.
post #3 of 42 Old 03-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Retired post whore

Posting Frequency

Did you check this thread? https://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40888 Maybe the map you need has already been posted there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 Old 03-18-2008, 09:12 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I feel for ya and will hook you up with my map if i ever get my shit finished. I just want to ask you one thing... why dont you have a full system on that thing with all the mods you have done?
post #5 of 42 Old 03-18-2008, 09:19 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

This is the exact reason i have not put a PC3 on my bike yer...There are no dyno tuning centers here on island...There are shops that can make a map and make adjustments to it but that's not good enough for me
post #6 of 42 Old 03-18-2008, 09:31 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

dude you are in maine, my buddy in connecticut can hook you up, his duc dealership does this.

do you do track days? if so, get it track tuned, go ride.. find the flat spots in the powerband. note them in your head. Back to the pits, write it down in your notebook. not all the this, now plug in your laptop to the USB port of the PC3 and start the TP settings tweak it more or less. go back out there feel how it is, rinse and repeat.

Its all testing and trials. Eventually you can go out get it dyno run done and see what the graph looks like.

thats the most logical solution i can offer.. aside from my perferred, ride out to the shop, camp, and ride back.. (most fun course of action)
post #7 of 42 Old 03-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Where in Maine are you?

If you go to an LRRS event(NHIS), there is a guy..Rob's(robsdyno.com) that is used by lots of guys.

There's also a Factory Pro tuner there as well.

Rob will be at NHIS on April 26 - 27. He's there for the whole series typically.

Doesn't Oxford have a small bike program? Motorcycle Mayhem or something like that.

There has to be an easier way.
post #8 of 42 Old 03-18-2008, 09:54 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

^^ what todd said.
post #9 of 42 Old 03-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I also live in Maine. Not much you can do but make the ride or guess and check your maps with the old butt dyno or possible a wide band O2sensor. Dynojet.com list 8 registered shops with motorcycle specific dynos. 3 are certified tuners, and only one of those services sport bikes! I'm located in Bangor and bring my bikes to a local shop that has a car chassis dyno with the rigging to run motorcycles and atvs. Renting the dyno room cost $30 per half hour. You tune your own stuff. They provide a guy to setup/supervise and have a wideband O2 system. Just another idea, if you've ever tuned before it's real easy on a dyno with wideband readout.
post #10 of 42 Old 03-19-2008, 12:30 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

No map will run your bike like a custom map.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in