Pciii & Gipro - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-23-2008, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Pciii & Gipro

My question is i have a GIPRO, will the ATRE work if i get a PCIII. My understanding is that the PCIII on a custom tune will have all new maps for each gear so in that case would i need to keep the ATRE on or will it make a difference to keep it on????

Leo Vince high mount slip on, GIPRO ATRE, Front & Rear Stainless Brakelines, Scotts Dampner, Custom paint & Stickers, No cut Frame sliders, PUIG Windscreen, -1t F +2t R, New version SpeedOHealer, Rumble Ghost Undertail, Swingarm Lincense plate relocation, Smoke euro blinkers, and more small stuff.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to livefast
This will still work with the PCIII the pc3 has one map for the rpm range at each throttle position, not for each gear, and the TRE (as far as i'm aware) only adjusts the rpm at whcich the secondaries open. Your map on the pc3 would change with the tre on though because of the different air/fuel ratio, but it has been said it will be ok.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-23-2008, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Oh... I thought it used the 6th gear map to open the secondaries earlier but it just opens the secondaires using the voltage i guess....

Leo Vince high mount slip on, GIPRO ATRE, Front & Rear Stainless Brakelines, Scotts Dampner, Custom paint & Stickers, No cut Frame sliders, PUIG Windscreen, -1t F +2t R, New version SpeedOHealer, Rumble Ghost Undertail, Swingarm Lincense plate relocation, Smoke euro blinkers, and more small stuff.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 04-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah 6th, neutral on the hard setting. The voltage is defferent for each, that is not the same as a pc map though, the pc does not affect secondaries at all, it only adds fuel, or takes fuel away at different points.
post #5 of 11 Old 04-23-2008, 03:23 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

They are two different maps.... The tre (I have the gi pro) actually works well with the pc3. As the tre changes the ignition timing curve, so it is basically the same in all gears, it makes the pc3 work well as it maps the fuel to suit the remapped ignition, and now the timing is the same in all gears, the fuel mixture can be mapped to suit all gears

Bill - GI Pro, Hindle slip on, Smoked screen, ZX14 brakes.... Well, you feel lucky, punk? You shouldn't, this is a 10R
post #6 of 11 Old 04-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

thrill does the TRE actually change timing? From what I had understood they shouldn't actually call it a Timing Retard Eliminator because all it does is open the secondaries sooner...
post #7 of 11 Old 04-23-2008, 03:31 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by livefast View Post
This will still work with the PCIII the pc3 has one map for the rpm range at each throttle position, not for each gear, and the TRE (as far as i'm aware) only adjusts the rpm at whcich the secondaries open. Your map on the pc3 would change with the tre on though because of the different air/fuel ratio, but it has been said it will be ok.
Incorrect. The tre (on the 1st gen at least) resets the ignition (spark timing). Kawasaki, have a gear sensor that puts out different voltages. the voltages in each gear bring about different ignition maps. IE 1st to 4th the timing is retarded to make the beast more tractable, and keep the noise down. The tre interceps this voltage, and alters it to 5th gear voltage. Hence the full power timing map is used in all gears. Also kawi's ecu (again gen1) is set up to cut fuel to the injectors at full roll off the trottle in the lower gears (to assist in shedding speed) which makes the bike jerky riding around town. The tre gets rid of this to.

Bill - GI Pro, Hindle slip on, Smoked screen, ZX14 brakes.... Well, you feel lucky, punk? You shouldn't, this is a 10R
post #8 of 11 Old 04-23-2008, 03:36 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by livefast View Post
thrill does the TRE actually change timing? From what I had understood they shouldn't actually call it a Timing Retard Eliminator because all it does is open the secondaries sooner...
This is not what I have come to understand. I have ridden a 10r that has had the secondaries removed. When a gi pro was fitted there was still a noticable difference between hard setting ansd off. Not to say that when switched on, the secondaries don't open earlier, but this, to my understanding would only be a byproduct of a remapped timing curve. Don't take my word for it though, there is plenty of info on the web

post #9 of 11 Old 04-23-2008, 03:38 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

mmm should probably be called a timing correction module lol. Since Kawi's stock thing is really a timing advance eliminator lol

post #10 of 11 Old 04-23-2008, 04:27 PM
GEN II Driver

Posting Frequency

threw my gipro on after a custom tune and bike ran great. enjoy.

MDCCLXXV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in