PCIII confusion - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 02-06-2008, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Redneck Rocket
PCIII confusion

My buddy was telling me that he had talked to a couple bike shops and they told him that the PCIII only maps either your high or low end and not both?? They said it only controls 4 of the 8 injectors and that there is a new better computer that does it all??? Any help is appreciated before I buy a PCIII.......thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 02-06-2008, 01:58 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to green_zx
Yes they may be talking about the Bazzaz Performance Z-Fi. It does all eight injectors. Here is the website www.bazzazperformance.com. It has been talked about on here but I do not think they are available yet.
post #3 of 18 Old 02-06-2008, 02:18 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I just checked their site and Bazzazz has them for the '06-'07. Damn...if nobody else takes the plunge I may even though I'm leaning towards a PCIII at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 02-06-2008, 03:02 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drain Fade View Post
I just checked their site and Bazzazz has them for the '06-'07. Damn...if nobody else takes the plunge I may even though I'm leaning towards a PCIII at this point.
They have had them listed for some time on their website, but are they actually shipping them yet?

Somebody with a AKra or other pipe with a bung already welded needs to try this out.

JJ
post #5 of 18 Old 02-06-2008, 03:13 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Theres a seller on ebay that has them for 369 obo. Id buy from him and low ball him. Let us know what he lets one go for if you use him. BTW the oxygen sensor is another 369 which is ludicrious! One more thing i wanted to add was the bung that you have to have welded in 30-70$ along with the bung (20$)itself.
post #6 of 18 Old 02-06-2008, 03:17 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt ninja View Post
Theres a seller on ebay that has them for 369 obo. Id buy from him and low ball him. Let us know what he lets one go for if you use him. BTW the oxygen sensor is another 369 which is ludicrious! One more thing i wanted to add was the bung that you have to have welded in 30-70$ along with the bung (20$)itself.
My Akra came with a bung already welded, most Akras do and some other brands but I'm not spending those big buck$ to be the 1st guinny pig when I already have a PC3.

JJ
post #7 of 18 Old 02-06-2008, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Redneck Rocket
Ya thats it i knew it was a wierd name. I might possable get it but still debating.
post #8 of 18 Old 02-06-2008, 04:07 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

My buddy just had a bung welded in his titanium ti force system and paid 70$ for it. I thought that was insane. Thats probably the only thing keeping me back from trying the system out. I might consider it if someone buys my power commander and brand new ignition module.
post #9 of 18 Old 02-06-2008, 04:17 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt ninja View Post
My buddy just had a bung welded in his titanium ti force system and paid 70$ for it. I thought that was insane. Thats probably the only thing keeping me back from trying the system out. I might consider it if someone buys my power commander and brand new ignition module.
It definitely may be a good route to go with the new 08 that has 8 injectors where the rest of the 10R line has only 4.

The PC3 has the ability to be customed tuned by linking to the dyno software. Im not sure if most people knows how this works. The dyno and the PC3 are interfaced with a PC cable and the exhaust sniffer stuck up the tail pipe and the dyno operator runs the engine thru a series of different speeds and loads and the dyno computer reads the gases and then custom tunes a map on the spot.

Not sure how the Bazzaz will work if you don't buy his exhaust sensor. The PC3 is tuned in foruth gear ONLY and I think the Bazzaz will have fuel trim for all 6 gears.

I'm going to wait and let someone else try it first. May be some bugs needing worked out and not sure how you build a custom map with Bazzaz, yet.

JJ
post #10 of 18 Old 02-06-2008, 04:29 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

did some research on gixer.com and read that one of his buddies is helping out with some testing. (possibly still working bugs out) who knows??? I also found out that indysuperbike has the main unit for like 309$ How does that sound?? Come on jimmy.... Pull the trigger...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in