PC3 device not communicating - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old 04-25-2008, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to OneSLOW10
PC3 device not communicating

After I installed the DynoJet Ignition Module today I plugged it into the PC3. I went to install the pc3 update and firmware from the Ignition CD onto the PC3. According to the directions your supposed to install the 9v battery then click next and follow the direction on the Ignition CD. I figured since everything was hooked up to the bike I wouldn't have to do this and I could just go thro the PC3 soaftware. I opened the PC3 soaftware up and clicked the tab above then the UPDATE FIRMWARE tab via the sub tab. Then nothing. The Map went blank. I looked at my PC3 and there was no light on. So I reboot the Laptop and opened up the PC3 soaftware. NOTHING. I disconnected the 9v and re connecting it after making sure it was 1005 good. NOTHING. I disconnected the usb cord then repluged it in. You can hear that windows sound so it seems to detect it, but not display it. Then I diconnected the pos from the battery for a few minutes. Reconnected and still nothing. Any help on this? At first I was thinking sh!t I fried ths PC3, but apparently thro a google search on another board someone had the same issue and did a reset with out the programmer? They did not say how they did it. How'd they do that? I am going to go back out tomorrow and mess with it. Any ideals?

Thanks

2005 PMR. Full Ti Evo 2, BMC Race, V-Stacks, PC3, IG Module, DJ QS (not installed), 1/5th throw (not installed), -1 +2 with Gold RK Chain, Speedo Healer V4, Removed 2ndaries, Red GiPro, Pilot Powers, Dual H.I.D.s, Brocks brackets and strap, Rear 2" Muzzy Drop, Vortex Rearsets, Scotts Damper, 2 HyperPro Dampers, Puig DB, ASV Levers, Titax Levers, Pazzo Levers, Kill switch (made to look like it's mounted), CA front/rear lights and a owner who adores her...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 04-25-2008, 11:26 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

If the bike is not started the PC3 and Ignition Module will not recieve any power. That is why they tell you to use a 9V battery to power the PC3 and Ignition Module.
post #3 of 42 Old 04-26-2008, 12:33 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

This might help you:
http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...nder_faqs.aspx

Another point to take into account is that you can´t update your PC3 firmware directly from the Update Firmware option if the firmware version is 1.0.0.19 or lower. In this case you need the programmer and follow precise instructions.
Try reseting the PC3. The procedure is explained in the faqs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 Old 04-26-2008, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I am going to check out that link, thank you. I know when you turn the key and push the igntion switch down the pc3 turns on and will display on your DJ Screen and or laptop. That's why since I figured I left the 9v and hook up at the house that I could do it that way. Hopefully the FAQ will work. Whatever happens I will update this if I find it there or own my olwn so if this happens to some one else they will know what to do. It sucks when some one says I fixed it, but doesn't say how and next thing you know your creating a new thread that couldv'e been avoided :)

2005 PMR. Full Ti Evo 2, BMC Race, V-Stacks, PC3, IG Module, DJ QS (not installed), 1/5th throw (not installed), -1 +2 with Gold RK Chain, Speedo Healer V4, Removed 2ndaries, Red GiPro, Pilot Powers, Dual H.I.D.s, Brocks brackets and strap, Rear 2" Muzzy Drop, Vortex Rearsets, Scotts Damper, 2 HyperPro Dampers, Puig DB, ASV Levers, Titax Levers, Pazzo Levers, Kill switch (made to look like it's mounted), CA front/rear lights and a owner who adores her...
post #5 of 42 Old 04-26-2008, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Well the FAQ didn't help much. They don't tell you exactly how to do it. So I joined that other forum really quick; Forum 13x or w/e and replied to the post and pm'd the guy. Hopefully he responds. Or even better, someone here can chime in and help :)

post #6 of 42 Old 04-26-2008, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

anyone know how to get the pc3 back on line (Working), the boot loader?

post #7 of 42 Old 04-26-2008, 02:42 PM
CMG
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

There is a provision within the PC software to reset it ( if that what you were asking) and if you can get it to communicate in the firstplace.
post #8 of 42 Old 04-26-2008, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

That does not work. Others have had issues and fixed it but the F'n Fags didn't post on how they did it. They just updated saying I FIXED IT! Well yeaaaaaa for you d!ck. Tell people how you did it in case they have the same issue. It's tickin me off b/c today I had a lot to do with the 10 even tho it's windy.

I called a few dyno certified shops around here and talked to them about what i did this and that and they sound like Fvck Tards. So I said to myself well you know what I know which places I am not going to. Maybe some will say that's unfair but listen you except a shop to know the ins n outs about something if there certified. Especially since this happened a lot before.

Last edited by OneSLOW10; 04-26-2008 at 03:51 PM.
post #9 of 42 Old 04-26-2008, 03:54 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to JOSHUAZX10
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSLOW10 View Post
That does not work. Others have had issues and fixed it but the F'n Fags didn't post on how they did it. They just updated saying I FIXED IT! Well yeaaaaaa for you d!ck. Tell people how you did it in case they have the same issue. It's tickin me off b/c today I had a lot to do with the 10 even tho it's windy.

I called a few dyno certified shops around here and talked to them about what i did this and that and they sound like Fvck Tards. So I said to myself well you know what I know which places I am not going to. Maybe some will say that's unfair but listen you except a shop to know the ins n outs about something if there certified. Especially since this happened a lot before.
I take it you're not in a good mood right now ???
post #10 of 42 Old 04-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSHUAZX10 View Post
I take it you're not in a good mood right now ???
I think he's always like that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in