PC III Device error 17/18 Help! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 07-17-2007, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Gone

Posting Frequency

Angry PC III Device error 17/18 Help!

well here goes, today after waiting 8weeks booking time i took my bike to be custom mapped to suit my mods but it couldn't be done
its possible to send complete maps to the pc3 (as we were doing to find one off the shelf that suited best last powercheck they varied from 153-156rwhp but i decided to go for custom) but they couldn't adjust the map that was in it/create a new map in it. all connections correct. tried to reset and they even updated the firmware using an ignition module programer thing. the little light on the power commander constantly flashes, doing this since i got it, thought it was normal? and comes up with the device error 17/18. nothing to fall back on as i bought it second hand a while ago so if i want a custom map i need a new pc3! just hoping that perhaps amongst our worldwide brotherhood someone has come across this before and sorted it...

ps anyone wanting to try 4 short stock stacks DONT i installed them along with cleaning my airfilter last weekend and today she was down 6bhp across the board and down 9 yes 9bhp between 7-9k rpms. talk about short stacks losing midrange! best to go factory pro billet type things or keep the longer curvy stock ones in the middle. this is compared to the last powercheck i did at the same place before opting to custom map her max rwhp 156.67 8weeks ago vs 150.2 today guess what i'm putting back to original this weekend. other mods engine department. k&n filter, shorty fmf slip on, ex valve cables disconnected and kleen disabled.

cheers, tony

sorry if this is long winded just trying to give out as much info as pos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-17-2007, 01:19 PM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

Theres no direct literature of fault codes that I can find, but heres a link which may help

http://66.132.187.150/powercommander...l_support.aspx
post #3 of 16 Old 07-17-2007, 01:42 PM
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to hesaves0211
i had a prob when i couldnt load or retrieve a map. i later found out that my usb cable wasnt plugged firmly into my pc3. it was out about a milimeter, i pushed it and it snapped in place. problem solved.

1ST GEN-10R 234hp/[email protected], GT2871RS, cometic gasket, tial bov/ex wastegate, BEGI FMU, WALBRO fuel pump,falicon clutch basket,race pak clutch,200/50 pilot,yana-shiki levers,.net wristband, WEGO III,PC3,GPR damper,cbr cals/Galfer SS brake lines,gp shift,1/5 throttle, 2NDARIES REMOVED <<click for how-to, *R.I.P D.J 10 Apr 04*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 07-17-2007, 01:54 PM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

The software has a "Device Error" showing below the serial number.
Answer: The Power Commander is able to display trouble-codes through showing different device errors. To "Reset" the Power Commander, go to the "Tools" menu and select "Environment Options." In the Environment Options screen, hold the control key (Ctrl) down on the keyboard and hit "R". This will bring up a "Reset Power Commander" button. Select this option and let the software reset the unit. After the unit is reset the error should go away. In most cases the Power Commander can be reset and the error will go away, but if that is not the case, than the unit may need to be sent in for testing. Contact Dynojet for technical support regarding a recurring "Device Error".
post #5 of 16 Old 07-17-2007, 02:02 PM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

You may want to try the reset and then connect everything up to your PC before powering up.
post #6 of 16 Old 07-17-2007, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Gone

Posting Frequency

yes done the reset many times and cable was firmly in. spent an hour fiddling around with things. stumped. and this is at one of the better tuning centers in the country, not like a bunch of newbs missing the obvious things...
post #7 of 16 Old 07-17-2007, 04:28 PM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

Just checked my PC111 , it doesnt constantly flash , it shows 1 green bar when you switch on the ignition after it does its little flash dance, then the LED rises with throttle position when the engine is running.
post #8 of 16 Old 07-17-2007, 04:29 PM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

I also emailed Dynojet about the codes, no reply yet.
post #9 of 16 Old 07-17-2007, 04:32 PM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

Going back to when I first installed my PC111 ,it did flash constantly until I programmed it (using the 9volt battery connection).
post #10 of 16 Old 07-31-2007, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Gone

Posting Frequency

well i emailed them about it, said something about the channels being scrambled and be best to send it in to get fixed... asked them how much that would be but they haven't got back to me. it might be cheaper to get a new one (£280) than to get it posted, insured and repaired in the USA. guess i'll have to carry on using maps from their website and this forum....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in