Gen 3: 2008-2010 PC and Baz. controlling all 8 injectors? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 12-30-2014, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

PC and Baz. controlling all 8 injectors?

Guy's I need some information. Can the power commander control all 8 injectors like the Bazzaz say's it can? PC says it has adjustments for "all injectors" but you can buy a separate controller to "control all 8" lol

I just need someone to explain what PC and Bazzaz can do for all 8 injectors pro's and con's, what one can do and the other cannot.

Any info or links to information would be great.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-30-2014, 11:28 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Some of the PCs only come with 4 connectors for the lower injectors I believe. Then you have to buy a harness to be able to connect to the other 4 injectors. I believe most Bazzaz units come with connectors for all injectors. I believe the Bazzaz costs less.

Don't lick the hand that wipes.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-30-2014, 12:18 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
The PC only Controls the lower 4 injectors out of the box. You have to add the secondary fuel control module to connect and tune the upper ones.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-30-2014, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Ok thanks for confirming guys.

Anyone know if a common tune benefits from being able to control all 8 or would that depend on the tuner?
post #5 of 9 Old 12-30-2014, 04:47 PM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsePOOGAS View Post
Ok thanks for confirming guys.

Anyone know if a common tune benefits from being able to control all 8 or would that depend on the tuner?

I've done extensive race tuning on upper injectors for at least half a dozen bikes in the last 10 years. Gains from upper injector tuning were rare and always happened at topend. No mid-range gains were ever registered.

Even before the PCV offered the SFM to tune the upper injectors we used to just add a second PCIII USB to get the job done and I have only seen verifiable gains on 2 of those bikes. The 04-05 1000RR on pump gas was the most notable it gained about 5 peak hp by tuning the upper injectors to deliver more fuel at high rpms and reducing fuel form the lower injectors in the same range. It was a time consuming effort and not worth the time I put into the project. As a tidbit of interest along the same lines I managed to get the same gains using an HRC ECU where I altered the injector bias to accomplish the same task

The other bike was an S1000RR race bike with the SFM running oxygenated fuel which gained about 2-3hp which is in my book completely negligible when you are talking about a 200hp engine.

The other bikes gained nothing or at least nothing I could consistently prove was attributed to the upper injector tuning specifically.

Last edited by LDH; 12-30-2014 at 05:10 PM.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-30-2014, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH® View Post
I've done extensive race tuning on upper injectors for at least half a dozen bikes in the last 10 years. Gains from upper injector tuning were rare and always happened at topend. No mid-range gains were ever registered.

Even before the PCV offered the SFM to tune the upper injectors we used to just add a second PCIII USB to get the job done and I have only seen verifiable gains on 2 of those bikes. The 04-05 1000RR on pump gas was the most notable it gained about 5 peak hp by tuning the upper injectors to deliver more fuel at high rpms and reducing fuel form the lower injectors in the same range. It was a time consuming effort and not worth the time I put into the project. As a tidbit of interest along the same lines I managed to get the same gains using an HRC ECU where I altered the injector bias to accomplish the same task

The other bike was an S1000RR race bike with the SFM running oxygenated fuel which gained about 2-3hp which is in my book completely negligible when you are talking about a 200hp engine.

The other bikes gained nothing or at least nothing I could consistently prove was attributed to the upper injector tuning specifically.

This kind of info I was hoping someone would share, thank you!

My next step is to contact my tuner and ask for their opinion for my setup.

A friend of mine asked me this very question and I can usually give a good answer lol but for a question like this I couldn't and that's why I come here ha.
post #7 of 9 Old 12-31-2014, 03:10 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

PC5 is easier to use from a tuner perspective. end result on pc5 vs baz = the same tune to you aka, your ass won't feel much of a difference
post #8 of 9 Old 12-31-2014, 05:26 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Which ever you go with I'd contact the guys at riders discount. I went to my tuner and asked how much a tune was he gave me the price and I told him I'd be back after I got my bazaaz in. He informed me that his shop sold them and installed them for free if bought through them. I told him I was sorry but I don't think he could beat the price I was quoted by riders discount. So he asked and I told him. He replied he couldn't even buy them at that price. But since he told me he would price match he offered me a bazaaz at the same price then installed it for $30 bucks. I figured $30 was worth me not spending any time messing with it. But my main point is riders discount is probably the best price you will find.

Don't lick the hand that wipes.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-31-2014, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

For me I don't have a preference. Thus why I'll call the tuner I'm going to use and see what he prefers (which I'm pretty sure is PC). Got the info I needed on what controls what and if it's needed lol this site is great.

I've been in contact with Mike at riders discount before and I had planned on getting back with him for when I purchase. He's given me great prices before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in