Pad recommendations for ZX14 conversion - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-08-2010, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to crazyhawk99
Pad recommendations for ZX14 conversion

I know I have a similar post on the 14 binders, but after searching the forum and reading MANY post to pick a brand/type of pad, I finally decided to go for the Vesrah RJL. Much to my dismay, it appears that Versah doesn't make the RJL for the 14 binders.

They DO make the SRJL for $120 a card (1 card for each rotor). Ah.... no thanks.

So, I ask you smart guys (already made the mistakes), which pads have you tried with the 14 calipers on the 10R and your thoughts on them.

So far I have heard good things about the OEM pads, but they seem to cost as much as aftermarket.

Right now, I am leaning toward Galfer 1370 series sintered. What say you Ninja freaks?

I much appreciate the input!

"There are days when it takes all you've got just to keep up with losers."

Current Fleet:
09 BMW R1200GS
04 ZX10R
02 HD Heritage Springer
03 SV650
88 HD Sportster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-08-2010, 11:29 AM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

I have EBC HH in mine, no complaints, I had stock in Blue Max before I switched to Brembos, the EBC's seemed a bit grabbier than the stock pad, although maybe a little. My EBC's ever so often when cold squeel jsut a bit, but not bad.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #3 of 7 Old 01-08-2010, 11:38 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Im going to tell you what kind of experiences i have had (personally) with stock pads (nissin calipers)on my second gen forks. I have always gotton a little shuddering from the stock pads and associated it with loose head bearings at first (might of been a partial problem but didnt completely solve my problems). My next step was cleaning the calipers and rotors real good to see if that fixed my problems (It helped at first and i thought i fixed the problem but the shuddering still came back). I just finally installed new sbs race pads and think i found the problem! (SIDE NOTE)I have read a bunch of post about people having shuddering front end problems due to internal bushings in the forks causing the shuddering problem. I'll be honest and tell you that i have not ridden the bike very much since installing new pads but im pretty sure ive found my problem. The stock nissin pads were only 30% worn btw. Im trying to tell you that the pads that i have in my calipers are more of a progressive type pad where you wont get the hard inital bite that might cause the front end to chatter. I hope this has helped in your decision makeing process because its been nothing but a pain in the ass for me.

Please note that this is my own personal experience and im not saying that you will have these problems with stock pads.

Marchesini Magnesiums,Nassert beet,kawi cam,.45 headgasket,DJ PC/Ig.M/QS,velocity stacks,bmc race,gipro,sato rearsets,helibars,throttlemeisters,pazzo shorties,speedohealer,520 renthal sprockets,penske 8393 double clicker,traxxion dynamic springs,scotts stabilizer,lsl frame sliders,cox radiator guard,powerbronze hugger,puig DB,solo seat cover,Valentine1,dual low beam projectors,55w.hids, brembo superbike rotors,Goodridge superbike lines,nissin calipers and rizoma mirrors,mda123 battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-08-2010, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt ninja View Post
Im going to tell you what kind of experiences i have had (personally) with stock pads (nissin calipers)on my second gen forks. I have always gotton a little shuddering from the stock pads and associated it with loose head bearings at first (might of been a partial problem but didnt completely solve my problems). My next step was cleaning the calipers and rotors real good to see if that fixed my problems (It helped at first and i thought i fixed the problem but the shuddering still came back). I just finally installed new sbs race pads and think i found the problem! (SIDE NOTE)I have read a bunch of post about people having shuddering front end problems due to internal bushings in the forks causing the shuddering problem. I'll be honest and tell you that i have not ridden the bike very much since installing new pads but im pretty sure ive found my problem. The stock nissin pads were only 30% worn btw. Im trying to tell you that the pads that i have in my calipers are more of a progressive type pad where you wont get the hard inital bite that might cause the front end to chatter. I hope this has helped in your decision makeing process because its been nothing but a pain in the ass for me.

Please note that this is my own personal experience and im not saying that you will have these problems with stock pads.
Thanks for taking the time to explain your experience. I am pretty sure I won't go with stock pads, since as I said they cost as much as some of the recommended aftermarket ones.

Current Fleet:
09 BMW R1200GS
04 ZX10R
02 HD Heritage Springer
03 SV650
88 HD Sportster
post #5 of 7 Old 01-08-2010, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9R to 10R View Post
I have EBC HH in mine, no complaints, I had stock in Blue Max before I switched to Brembos, the EBC's seemed a bit grabbier than the stock pad, although maybe a little. My EBC's ever so often when cold squeel jsut a bit, but not bad.
I appreciate the feedback.

Current Fleet:
09 BMW R1200GS
04 ZX10R
02 HD Heritage Springer
03 SV650
88 HD Sportster
post #6 of 7 Old 01-11-2010, 08:30 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I've heard nothing but good things about the EBC Extreme series pads. My vesrahs are finally done so I'm swapping a set in a set of the EBC's for next season.

05 Z1000 - Traded
05 ZX12R - Stolen
04 ZX10R - Going to be sold soon. New bully on the block!
13 ZX10R - Getting abused...

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it"
post #7 of 7 Old 01-12-2010, 12:41 AM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

I think the stock pads are either Galfer or EBC HH's but I've run Ferrodos on my zx6 racebike as well as the Vesrahs but the cost of the Vesrahs were just too much to take so I'm probably going to look at Carbonne Lorraine or the EBC extreme series. A couple other racers in the org swear by them on their bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in