nobunaka racing rearsets - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 03-01-2008, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

nobunaka racing rearsets

anybody used these? got a set on *b*y, looked pretty nice-$170 (free shipping) for the set,figured i'd try em out-haven't got them yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 03-01-2008, 02:52 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Damn, whats up with all the different rearsets lately...I need to start looking around more.

If they're the ones that I found on the internet they look pretty sweet...really nice actually. The price is foolish though. When you do get them chime back in and let us know how they are...I wouldn't mind getting a pair of black/red ones to match my special ed...

These it?: http://www.nobunaka.com/
post #3 of 30 Old 03-01-2008, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

thats them-i got a set in all gold (the gold seems to look nice on the solor yellow bike)i took a chance on the pazzo levers before i heard of them and they were real nice-so i guess i'll wait and see
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 03-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I was seriously considering the Nobus BUT since they are from Thailand, I was concerned about the time it would take to get replacement parts if I needed them. Additionally, they do not mention or have a price/parts list for parts if you need to replace them. I did however, found a local (Cali) guy on Craigslist who sells sets for around 200 and sells the parts individually. Since I don't currently have some extra cash for the bling yet, I'll wait until Spring is here before pulling the trigger. If anyone else has comparable deals, please add to this thread.
post #5 of 30 Old 03-01-2008, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

ya i know what you mean about shipping from Thailand it's hit or miss last time they said 15 bus. days and i turned around and there was the package like in 6 days-i ordered the rear sets from a guy in the u.s.
post #6 of 30 Old 03-01-2008, 05:14 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to jdgun_13
I have them and here is my opinion on them being i have Sato's and Arata's on my other bikes.

The as supplied bolts are cheap crap
The bolt for the foot peg is to short and needs at least another 20mm to be solid under weight and if the bike does go down.
The overall feel is of a cheaper metal used and more flex is felt

But for the $200 they are pretty good buy...just add some quality bolts to the mix.
post #7 of 30 Old 03-16-2008, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

okay heres the follow up on the rear sets-don't know if this is common on all aftermarket rear sets but here i go-need a longer rear brake hose,diff rear brake res.(maybe just a short piece of clear hose) now on the left side, the shift rod that came with the kit is to long nomatter what position the rearset is in-i tried the stock shift rod and it's to short, so if your not a big fan of fabricating stuff don't get these-me, i don't really have a problem building and fabricating stuff but because i didn't have the clear hose or the longer brake line i put the stock one back on till i have more time-
post #8 of 30 Old 03-27-2008, 02:40 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

That's it? No update on these? No pictures?
post #9 of 30 Old 03-27-2008, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi-10 View Post
okay heres the follow up on the rear sets-don't know if this is common on all aftermarket rear sets but here i go-need a longer rear brake hose,diff rear brake res.(maybe just a short piece of clear hose) now on the left side, the shift rod that came with the kit is to long nomatter what position the rearset is in-i tried the stock shift rod and it's to short, so if your not a big fan of fabricating stuff don't get these-me, i don't really have a problem building and fabricating stuff but because i didn't have the clear hose or the longer brake line i put the stock one back on till i have more time-
that's the update-no pics because i pulled em off the bike till i have more time to f*ck with em
post #10 of 30 Old 03-27-2008, 08:36 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

they do look nice, but if you have to mess with them. I go with a better brand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in