Gen 1: 2004-2005 Nitrous Help!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-03-2013, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Nitrous Help!!

Alright so after a season of my nitrous not working I finally tore the bike down and traced wires. I didn't find any problems with wires other going from the PC or the nos mini or the schnitz controller.

What I did find however was the wiring is also connect to this.....

http://www.msdignition.com/Products/...MR_Pickup.aspx

From my understanding this could be used as a rpm switch essentially. Now my question is, because the piece is just hanging there and not connected to any wires could this be the reason the nitrous does not turn on or off and my switch does not even light up when on?

Also could this be what the bike is using as a WOT switch. My plan was to connect this wire to the yellow output wire on the TPS so that is the trigger for the spray at WOT.

I am completely lost with wiring and electric but usually can troubleshoot all my own things, this has me stumped though. It just seems like there is no power to the system. I know the nitrous works though and solenoid is getting power because my air shifter is ran off the spray rather than air.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Ok so your running a nos mini AND a schnitz 2 dial? Or is the schnitz a different controler? Once you connect the WOT wire to the tps you have to program the nos mini so it knows what IS wide open.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-03-2013, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

My mistake, was writing that on my phone at work. Just looked to confirm, bike has a PCIII a Schnitz Nitrous Power 2 Dial, and a Schnitz PPI.

No idea what that extra wire could be for but I am assuming it should be connected to something.

Last edited by Nitemare; 04-03-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Ahhh ok, give us a run down of where your wires are going too. You should have a constant power running to a switch to give your controller power. Then the activator switch to make your controller ready to spray correct? I personally had my buddy put a wot switch on my tb's instead of running it off my tps. But if I remember right. You should have one wire off of your arming switch to your wot switch, then from the wide open switch to your solenoid. The other wire on the solenoid back to the controller.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Take a picture of the setup...

I LOVE ROAD RACING....
post #6 of 6 Old 04-03-2013, 08:35 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

your air switching valve on shifter kit has nothing to do with your nitrous solenoid, fact that air shifter works off regulated nitrous pressure just means air shifter switching valve has power, not nitrous solenoid, they are 2 completely seperate elec. valves. tps output only puts out 4 volts, msd part u have states 5-24 v activated, wont work. lose that part. schnitz 2 dial does not have tps activation feature like nos mini, nor nitrous low/high rpm safety window as it cannot read a rpm as mini. google schnitz 2 dial wiring, wiring instructions and schematics shown to get 2 dial controller and solenoid powered up and operating correctly.

Last edited by gazx10; 04-03-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in