Nissin -vs- Tokico calipers. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 05-27-2011, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Nissin -vs- Tokico calipers.

After doing the Nissin over OEM Tokico calipers,I want to say oh my gosh!
My question is;what makes the Nissin so much more better than the Tokicos?
Both 4 pistons,I noticed the Nissin reccesd alot easier than the Tokicos.
Is the inner valve much bigger to push more fluid internally on the Nissin?
With the Tokicos I noticed is was more of a firm grip of the lever and she would stop.
With 100 miles around town-interstate miles,it's more of a, cover and feather the lever now.
Whats the secret?

US Army Proudly Served
Those who Run,will only Die,Tired!
Indy Southside Sportbike Riders Association
2006 Lime Green wheel barrow,with stuff on it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 05-27-2011, 11:45 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
No one seems to know the answer, and probably no one ever will. It could be anything from the overall design of the system, to manufacturing tolerances, to the choice in materials used or simply a combination of all of the above.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #3 of 20 Old 05-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
No one seems to know the answer, and probably no one ever will. It could be anything from the overall design of the system, to manufacturing tolerances, to the choice in materials used or simply a combination of all of the above.
.....i've looked for the same answer when i first got my 10 and have read and heard about every possible difference and why it is or isn't better....someone said something once about the actual pistons inside the caliper binding on the stock tokiko's.....made sense to me but then again so did alot of other reasons.

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 05-27-2011, 03:49 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
So what year/make/model bike did you guys get the Nissin's from? Did you Re-build them or just install them? New pads? Im thinkin this will be in the near future for me as well.

post #5 of 20 Old 05-27-2011, 03:52 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I'd love to know the answer to this too! I've just got myself a set of brand new 2009 ZX6R calipers which are going on at the weekend (onto a Gen 1).

2004 ZX10R Black:'09 ZX6R Nissin Callipers, '10 ZX6R MC, HEL Braided Lines, Pazzo Shorty Levers, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, '06 ZX10R Rear Calliper, R&G Crash Bungs (Forks, Rear Bobbins, Bar Ends, Frame Sliders), R&G Tail Tidy, K&N Air Filter, Cut-down Akrapovic Slip On, Acumen Digital Gear Indicator, Double Bubble Screen, Autocom Intercom

Oh, and: 30 Snakes, 15 Lizards, 2 Tarantulas, 5 Leaf Insects, a Guinea Pig, a Rabbit, about 20 mice and 2 Sphinx Cats! :D
post #6 of 20 Old 05-27-2011, 04:07 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

are the Nissin better than the 3rd gen tokiko???? cause they brake really really well...
post #7 of 20 Old 05-27-2011, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I got...

I got a set off ebay from KNV motorsports,$200.00 for the ZX6r calipers off an 07.
The listing stated they only fit 2nd and 3 gens,and shipping was only $14.00.
So for the toal amount i spent on brakes,I should done this earlier.
The brake shoes measured taller than my OEM original shoes,dry,clean and presented dam well.
I resanded any glaze off by hand,and reinstalled them into the caliper.
Simple...indeed...

US Army Proudly Served
Those who Run,will only Die,Tired!
Indy Southside Sportbike Riders Association
2006 Lime Green wheel barrow,with stuff on it!
post #8 of 20 Old 05-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMY10ER View Post
.....i've looked for the same answer when i first got my 10 and have read and heard about every possible difference and why it is or isn't better....someone said something once about the actual pistons inside the caliper binding on the stock tokiko's.....made sense to me but then again so did alot of other reasons.
What are the pistons made of on the gen 2?
I ask because I tried some K3 GSXR calipers on my gen 1 a while back (before I got the CBR calipers) and they worked waaaaaay better than the stockers. Myself and the guy that owned them (an ex aircraft mech) had a good look over them and came to the conclusion that the stainless ZX pistons are too thin and probably distort under load. The Gixxer calipers have thick ally pistons, otherwise the calipers seem almost identical. Now that I look back it would have been interesting to have swapped 'em out and see if that was it.....
post #9 of 20 Old 05-29-2011, 03:00 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Well, here's another glowing testimonial for the ZX6R Nissin Calipers!

I fitted mine today and they are AWSOME!! The stock calipers were allowing me to pull the lever back to the bar. Sure they stopped me but they were as squishy as hell.

I now have 1-2 finger braking with maximum 20mm of lever travel total! I cant believe how much better they are!!

But Why?!?!

2004 ZX10R Black:'09 ZX6R Nissin Callipers, '10 ZX6R MC, HEL Braided Lines, Pazzo Shorty Levers, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, '06 ZX10R Rear Calliper, R&G Crash Bungs (Forks, Rear Bobbins, Bar Ends, Frame Sliders), R&G Tail Tidy, K&N Air Filter, Cut-down Akrapovic Slip On, Acumen Digital Gear Indicator, Double Bubble Screen, Autocom Intercom

Oh, and: 30 Snakes, 15 Lizards, 2 Tarantulas, 5 Leaf Insects, a Guinea Pig, a Rabbit, about 20 mice and 2 Sphinx Cats! :D
post #10 of 20 Old 05-29-2011, 03:35 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

they are spelled differently i know that

'11 Black zx-10r | Tech-spec Tank pad | Akraprovic w/ link | Power Commander V | Auto tune | HID | 1/5 Insert | Driven Smog Plates | DMP integrated tail light | Vortex rear sets w/ new pressure switch | Puig dark smoke windscreen | BMC Air Filter | Cox Radiator Guard |

To Do List:
ECU reflash
Steering Damper revalved
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in