Ngk Cr9ek - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-27-2005, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Ngk Cr9ek

Anybody using this plug. It is the dual electrode plain vanilla plug. It was the standard plug in some of the ZX-9Rs and a lot of the GSXRs. They are supposed to be worth a horsepower or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
not usin the plug...

But when I looked at that thread title I though it might be some SPAM Email..lol

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

post #3 of 8 Old 07-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by swjohnsey
Anybody using this plug. It is the dual electrode plain vanilla plug. It was the standard plug in some of the ZX-9Rs and a lot of the GSXRs. They are supposed to be worth a horsepower or so.

I already done an extensive test on after market plugs and will try to look for that, but the final result was there is no substitute for what is installed already. In, fact you could run into problems if you do. So, please do not substitute, you will probably regret it the 10 already has the best plug installed. In the mean time I will look for the results I came up with for plugs on the 10. Stay tuned just don't do anything yet. :headshake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-27-2005, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Yeah, post it up. I am curious. There is also an iridium version of this plug that was used in some of the ZX-12Rs.

Plugs generally don't make much of a difference in the hp department.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Yeah, post it up. I am curious. There is also an iridium version of this plug that was used in some of the ZX-12Rs.

Ok, found it!!!!

https://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9400&page=1

Read it all the way to get maximuim info
post #6 of 8 Old 07-27-2005, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Some of the information in that thread is pure bunk. All 3/4 reach plugs are the same length, believe me, I have measured them. And the bit about "special threads". I spit coffee on my keyboard.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Some of the information in that thread is pure bunk. All 3/4 reach plugs are the same length, believe me, I have measured them. And the bit about "special threads". I spit coffee on my keyboard.
Yeah, that's what I thought initially, then NGK tech support told me if you use them even though it seems like the same specs you will have thread problems.

You, remind me of how I first looked at it. I can read charts, tech reports or whatever and thought what I bought would be compatible. Now with that said I changed my mind. Now you need to do the research I did or take your chance then report back. good luck.

They also gave me all the equivalents and yours is not one of them.I gave you what I have found out from the manufacturers themselfs, so if you want to take a chance on a 3k motor, then go for it. Just report back the results. :headshake

Last edited by bluedevil; 07-27-2005 at 10:16 PM.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-28-2005, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Lets start from the beginning. The difference between the CR9EHIX-9 and the CR9EIA-9 is that the CR9EHIX-9 is not threaded all the way to the base of the plug. The last 1/4" or so is not threaded. This plug is used in lots of Hondas and won't work in the ZX-10R. That said, the CR9E, CR9EK, CR9EIA-9 and the CR9EKPA and the CR9EIX are all pretty much interchangable. They all have the same reach and the same heat range.

Iridium plugs are used because they will last longer between changes than conventional plugs.

It has been found that dual electrode plugs in some applications will produce a slight horsepower gain for reasons unknown.

I will probably stick in a set of the CR9EKs when I take a look at the valves next week and sync the throttles bodies because I have a few sets laying around. I'll let y'all know if my motor blows. When I order parts next I will probably try a set of the CR9EKPA which is the dual electrode version of the O.E.M. plug.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in