New Continental Attack Tire - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 04-22-2006, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

New Continental Attack Tire

Has anyone heard anything about the new continental attack tire? I heard it's supposed to be a pretty good tire and I can get it for 139$ but just wondering if they are any good. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 04-22-2006, 06:03 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Sure have! here take a look...

http://www.conti-online.com/generato..._force_en.html

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #3 of 18 Old 04-22-2006, 06:05 PM

Posting Frequency

ok, ok here's the real deal.. in a 190/55 SOON.
http://www.conti-online.com/generato...attack_en.html

BD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 04-22-2006, 06:06 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I am thinking about trying the Sport Attack some of the mags have been talking about them highly
post #5 of 18 Old 04-22-2006, 06:47 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangman39
I am thinking about trying the Sport Attack some of the mags have been talking about them highly

SportRider did a sport tire review a few months back and didn't care for it too much. Scored just above the recaps/tomohawks, of course the PP's and Dunlop did the best. Although they did say that it didn't show any signs of wear though. Maybe a good thing, maybe a bad thing.
post #6 of 18 Old 04-22-2006, 07:02 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

hmm, stick with the Q for street use. It is a medium compound dunlop. Works good.

W.F.O.ing with style will bring life back into focus
post #7 of 18 Old 04-22-2006, 07:15 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickG
SportRider did a sport tire review a few months back and didn't care for it too much. Scored just above the recaps/tomohawks, of course the PP's and Dunlop did the best. Although they did say that it didn't show any signs of wear though. Maybe a good thing, maybe a bad thing.
I read that review if you look at the numbers in each catagory there was not very much difference in them at all the traction numbers were fairly good and the steering was very nuetral.

And as for the Tomahawk tires I have seen some good reviews and some bad they come in different compounds and there is a race team in the lower classes that use them with no problems. For the style riding I do I have found that some of the lower price tires do a fine job I ran Maxxis supermax tires for a year and loved the rear hated the front. I run alot in the twisty stuff but the problem is I ride 40 to 50 miles to get there and 40 or 50 back so I have to find a tire that is a good mix between wear and traction I know the Powers and Qualifiers are better tires but will not last if you are riding 3000 to 4000 miles a month can not afford to buy a set set a month. You can drag a knee with sport touring tires after they heat up just takes longer them to heat up the Conti Sport Attack is sorta a mix between a true sport tire and a sport touring tire if you look at the diminsions in that Sportrider test they have the same profile and are close to the same as Pilots and Dunlops.
post #8 of 18 Old 04-22-2006, 09:10 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangman39
I read that review if you look at the numbers in each catagory there was not very much difference in them at all the traction numbers were fairly good and the steering was very nuetral.

And as for the Tomahawk tires I have seen some good reviews and some bad they come in different compounds and there is a race team in the lower classes that use them with no problems. For the style riding I do I have found that some of the lower price tires do a fine job I ran Maxxis supermax tires for a year and loved the rear hated the front. I run alot in the twisty stuff but the problem is I ride 40 to 50 miles to get there and 40 or 50 back so I have to find a tire that is a good mix between wear and traction I know the Powers and Qualifiers are better tires but will not last if you are riding 3000 to 4000 miles a month can not afford to buy a set set a month. You can drag a knee with sport touring tires after they heat up just takes longer them to heat up the Conti Sport Attack is sorta a mix between a true sport tire and a sport touring tire if you look at the diminsions in that Sportrider test they have the same profile and are close to the same as Pilots and Dunlops.
To be honest, I run Conti Road Attacks on my z1000 and freak'n love'm. 2 trips to the "gap" and never gave me any problems or handling concerns.

I was actually looking into the Road attacks or the new Sport attack for the zx10r. Same reason here, I have to ride about 40 miles one way to get into the "curves" and I also commute 20+ to work oneway. So they burn extra fast that way also.
post #9 of 18 Old 04-23-2006, 05:42 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickG
That Sport Rider issue you are referring to actually tested the Road Attack instead of the Sport Attack. They put a retraction in the following month's magazine to correct the error.
post #10 of 18 Old 04-23-2006, 05:56 AM

Posting Frequency

looks cool but then looks is for woosies right Danno?

BD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in