New to bike - general info needed. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

New to bike - general info needed.

I have just got an 05 zx10 that is written off (see my newbies post) and I plan to make it into a naked sport bike but I am looking for a bit of info from you guys that know a lot more about the bike than I.
It currently won't start but turns over - will this sort itself out once if fit a gauge cluster?
It needs a new swingarm - do all years fit? and if so which year would be best to fit and why?
Do all models have the same rear caliper and are they all top mounted?
Has anyone fitted straight bars and risers? If so which top yoke did you use?
Are footpegs and levers interchangeable between models?

That's a few to be going on with but I'm sure that there will be plenty more once I get the spanners flying.
I'm sure I could have found all these answers using the search function but I don't have the time.

Thanks in advance for any advice / info.

Regards,
Richard.

Last edited by ripzx10r; 11-12-2010 at 07:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripzx10r View Post
I have just got an 05 zx10 that is written off (see my newbies post) and I plan to make it into a naked sport bike but I am looking for a bit of info from you guys that know a lot more about the bike than I.
It currently won't start but turns over - will this sort itself out once if fit a gauge cluster?
It needs a new swingarm - do all years fit? and if so which year would be best to fit and why?

That's a few to be going on with but I'm sure that there will be plenty more once I get the spanners flying.
I'm sure I could have found all these answers using the search function but I don't have the time.

Regards,
Richard.
IF you'd have left that out it "might" have actually helped in getting some "help" man. good to know that your time is far more valuable than anyone else's on the forum bud. best of luck with the bike.
post #3 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 01:53 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMY10ER View Post
IF you'd have left that out it "might" have actually helped in getting some "help" man. good to know that your time is far more valuable than anyone else's on the forum bud. best of luck with the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 01:55 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripzx10r View Post

Regards,
Richard.
+1 to TMY but to cut you a break, I have an 05 swingarm and rear hugger w/ rear shock for sale in good shape.

Rearsets (driver pegs) are different for each year, not sure about passenger pegs.

A bike will start without a gauge cluster so I doubt that is your starting issue. I run my stuntbike w/out a cluster all the time.

Sorry if I couldn't help more, PM me for pics of the swingarm, shock, and hugger if you're interested.
post #5 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 03:12 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Your not to bright are you
post #6 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I don't blame him for not using the search function. I kept getting the "Sorry - No Matches" everytime I tried to use the advanced search. Guess I'm not advanced enough. I do ride an 04 10 after all.
post #7 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Certified SLOW

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1killer1liter View Post
I don't blame him for not using the search function. I kept getting the "Sorry - No Matches" everytime I tried to use the advanced search. Guess I'm not advanced enough. I do ride an 04 10 after all.
I personally hate the search function built into forums. I use google to search the site. Append site:zx-10r.net behind whatever you want to search into google and only hits from this site will come up. So if you wanted to search for straight bars and risers, you would type:

straight bars risers site:zx-10r.net

Try it.
post #8 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolaZX10 View Post
I personally hate the search function built into forums. I use google to search the site. Append site:zx-10r.net behind whatever you want to search into google and only hits from this site will come up. So if you wanted to search for straight bars and risers, you would type:

straight bars risers site:zx-10r.net

Try it.
Great info! Thanks
post #9 of 14 Old 11-13-2010, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMY10ER View Post
Thanks for the reply.
The reason that I put that was because I had a lot of questions at once that could have taken hours to trawl through ALL of the related posts.
I never once considered my time to be any more important than anybody else's, but I was hoping that the people that have experience of this particular bike might be able to share a bit of information that would only take them a couple of minutes.

Regards,
Richard.
post #10 of 14 Old 11-13-2010, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyc_13 View Post
Your not to bright are you
I would say that you're not too bright either!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in